MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Are there any suggestions, or ways that I could add side or seat bags to my Dragster 800 RR MY18?
The design makes it seem like it is impossible to put bags.

I have searched all over the internet, but cannot find any suggested products.
Please assist me!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I’ve purchased the bike for the looks and what I want it to be. It really doesnt matter how I use it doesnt it?
I love the bike for what it is, and theres nothing else to be said about it.

Anyhow, I am just looking for these bags for longer trips that I dont often go to. So rather than bashing on me about how I use the bike, id just like to know whether there are any.

Reactions: NotThatFast

·
Registered
154 Posts
I suggest you look at Kriegas modular solution. I myself has all kinds of rearbags/saddlebags since my 900ss/748/851 days and
all of them has it’s pros and cons.
Biggest problem with luggage an d my F3 is the small and tapered seat, But I’m using a small seatbag (30 liters) and MVs own tankbag. I think that space will be good for two weekend trip✌
//Jimmi

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I suggest you look at Kriegas modular solution. I myself has all kinds of rearbags/saddlebags since my 900ss/748/851 days and
all of them has it’s pros and cons.
Biggest problem with luggage an d my F3 is the small and tapered seat, But I’m using a small seatbag (30 liters) and MVs own tankbag. I think that space will be good for two weekend trip✌
//Jimmi
Thank you for giving me a proper suggestion.

Do you think the Kriega is also usable for my bike?
The tail seems a bit too tiny for anything to be strapped on.

·
Registered
154 Posts
I don’t know where you live, But I suggest you search for a kriega reseller in your place of the world.
Kriega have strapsystem that attaches to your framework under the seat, the even have a kit for the panigales tiny rearseat?
Try a Google search for kriega+Ducati panigale and see what shows up. If you live in europe there’s plenty of resellers for their stuff.// Jimmi

·
Registered
216 Posts

Attachments

·
Registered
216 Posts
Also to add to the already helpful suggestions above, but would you consider a tank bag instead of or in addition to?

I havent delved into it yet, but if/when I need to, I will go for a tank bag
My suggestion would be one that uses a tank lock mounting point (SW Motech is a company that comes to mind but others sell them as well). With a plastic tank like the Brutale has, you probably don't want to run straps all around it. Tank locks are a simple and effective mounting point for bags and easy to remove when you need to refuel.

Not my bike but this video should be helpful.

·
Registered
149 Posts
I've used the Kriega tank bag set up (with converter and US20 pack) on a Dragster for years - plenty enough for a 4 day trip (including clothes, wet weather gear and my pillow, because yes, I'm old).

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,666 Posts
There are many ways to pack on The Unintended Bike

This is the Cortech bag system:

DSCN3063r.JPG

DSCN3057r.jpg

DSCN3059r.jpg

DSCN3060r.jpg

·
Registered
677 Posts

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
I used the Elite Sak from Luggage Locker on my 910R.
Soft, expandable and perfect for short and long trips.
It fits across the pillion seat by way of sturdy adjustable velcro straps.
I no longer have the bike but still got the bag, which does not fit on my KTM.
It's in great condition and available for sale for a reasonable price.
Being soft material it can easily be shipped in a postal padded bag.
PM me if interested.

Attachments

·
Registered
580 Posts
I have a SW Motech tank-ring bag on my 2018 Dragster RR. Took it off my old Triumph 675 before trading. I mostly use the micro bag, but they sell medium and large bags too. Design is superb and easy on/off. The biggest bag you might want to put some sort of protection on top of plastic tank to save finish. I also think there is room for a small under tail bag, but watch heat from exhaust. If you want pictures, let me know.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
I have decided to go for a Kreiga Tank Convertible bag system.
However, I'm still looking for a way to add luggage systems to the rear seat.

The tank system seems pretty nice, however, it still doesnt seem enough for longer trips I go to.
Any other suggestions for the "Super Tiny" Dragster 800 RR seat?

·
Registered
1,332 Posts
The Elite Sak pictured on my 910R above has velcro straps adjustable four ways, which wrap around the pillion seat. It will fit on your Dragster. It is too small to fit on my KTM super adventure.

·
Registered
178 Posts
+1 For SW Motech tank bag. I have had it on 3 bikes now. I also have 2 bag sizes. One for around town to throw my wallet, phone, etc. into, and another larger one for longer trips or to pickup togo food :)

1 - 19 of 19 Posts