MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi,

After doing some repairs I tried to fire her up on the side stand, no go :bash: Ligths on the dash are poor and RPM and Milage indicator give no response :eek:nthecan:

However taking it off the side stand it fired up and everything seems tobe OK :yo:

When running and of course NOT on the side stand, pushing it in first gear engine dies and turns off :bandit:

So is this failure a typicaly side stand switch failure or gear switch failure, thanks already for your input?

My bike is a F4 EV02 :yo:

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
put in a jumper wire and short out the sidestand switch. it's the fastest way to isolate whether it's the problem or not.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Agusta up and running again, problem was cabling of alarm contact wer not OK anymore. Fixed that and everything works fine again!

·
Registered
123 Posts
Check that the side-stand switch is screwed up tight to the motor - it's only held on by two small screws and these can easily loosen after repeated whacks as the sidestand flips up.

As the switch is a 3-pole, just because the circuit to the neutral light is fine, if the switch is rocking around at all then the circuit to the ECU may be compromised - the plunger has to be pushed all the way in to make it work.

If the neutral circuit isn't working, then it may be the bullet connector under the rear of the fuel tank - mine looked fine, but re-connecting with a trace of cooper grease solved the problem.

PS: I type so slow that the problem went away before I fixed it!

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
@Senna 026 thanks for your input and especially I will look at those 2 screws from the side-stand switch!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts