MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 50 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Apparently not an option from MV, would probably need a 2nd mortgage anyway, does anyone know of any pannier inner bags that would suit the TV side cases?

Whilst researching the Multistrada there was a set that some people on ducatiform.co.uk had bought off of ebay and were pleased with fit, quality and price. Guess I might have to try and find a set for another bike that's cross compatible fit-wise.

Have a pair with my VFR OEM panniers and they are perfect when you check into a hotel, far easier than taking the pannier off and lugging it to your room.

·
Registered
261 Posts
I'm using a Kriega US10 bag to hold the "everyday" stuff (patch kit/CO2, a few tools, water bottle, etc). I am pondering adding a US20 for the other side. While they are overkill and not designed as inner bags, they can do double duty as outer bags (and are waterproof). So I could see running without panniers and strapping one or both to the rear seat or using the tank bag adapter.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Kriega have some really nice products, we were looking at those at the NEC (location of the UK's main annual bike exhibition) late last year. Maybe something for the future as they're somewhat overkill as an inner bag.

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Thanks for the link, I have some like that from my local hiking shop, maybe not quite as tough as the Kriega ones admittedly. Ideally I need to find some shaped bags that, more or less, match the internal shape and size of the panniers. Something like these.

My OEM Honda ones weren't an exact fit, pretty close though, a bit of squishing required and some space in the pannier lid for a pair of soft shoes etc.

Once I have the bike I'll measure up and start looking.

They also make a waterproof inner bag type thingie that would be closer to what you're looking for

http://www.kriega.us/waterproof-roll-bag-motorcycle-pack-liner/

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks Wonko, they look good. Will try and source some in the UK but if I can't find a suitable pair that looks like an option as she does ship internationally. By the sounds of it they are well made and should last. Buying blind there is a risk of cheap bags with inadequate materials and/or not enough care in construction or design.

I have a whole load of VFR items to off-load onto eBay in the next week or two which should hopefully pay for all the extras I need for the TV. 14 years of VTEC/Interceptor ownership means I have accumulated quite a collection.

·
Registered
14 Posts

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #10

·
Registered
521 Posts
Wow, they looks fantastic it seem you will get a lot of stuff in there as well. I just filled out the order form.

Thanks Tito_Agusta

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Can't wait, submitted form today :)

Thank you for posting about these Tito_Agusta :yo:

·
Registered
1,629 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Keen to see if they hold their shape once fully packed, in order to allow easy fitment into the oddly shaped pannier.
Yep, keen as well. Want to know how well they exploit the internal space available within the panier but also the ease of insertion and removal. A fine balance, especially given that the panniers are quite deep.

With my previous OEM hard cases the inner bags did leave some room in the lid of the pannier. However, this was useful for items needing ready access during the day such as maps or small 500cl Thermos flask (top touring tip: buy litre of cold water from chiller at fuel stops, drink half and pour remaining half into Thermos. Stays cold for a few hours).

Have asked my wife to buy me a set of these bags for my birthday, let's hope she heeds the internal memo :rolleyes:

·
Registered
521 Posts
Hi Volks..
here are some Pics from the inner Bags... they fit exactly into the panniers. They keep there shape when they filled up. But you can easily put too much in. So you will have a problem to close the lid.

Attachments

1 - 20 of 50 Posts