MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just curious if anyone has experienced this malady. My 2004 Brutale 750 only does it once in a while so its hard to troubleshoot. Tried shaking the wire harnesses and have disconnected the electrical connectors and put dielectric grease in them as a preventative.

Very odd, can do it at a stop light (great fun when sitting between two cars splitting lanes, legal here) or when rolling and slowing down.

Starts right back up, has newer style SPU and seems to be electrical in nature as it does not cough or sputter first. Just phooof and stopped.

Anyone else had this?:wtf:

·
Registered
966 Posts
mine has done a similar thing in the past not with a loud backfire though ,just a stall and starts straight back up again

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Well thanks for the feedback, I will have to ohm out that switch. Or could it be that moving the crankshaft around is making the crank sensor cranky, haha? If anyone finds a smoking gun on this one please share it.

I would bypass the switch but it does it so infrequently there is a very good chance I would wind up starting the bike in gear and that is NEVER good.

Might also switch back to the uber expensive 10 W 60 oil. Thicker than my 20-50.

·
Administrator
19,517 Posts
Idle speed low? Throttle body synch off? Just a thought.....likely something very basic and simple, but you know that.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts