MV Agusta Forum banner

1821 - 1840 of 1886 Posts

·
Registered
214 Posts
Don’t be ashamed to tell others you find yourself just staring at it often.....gorgeous bikes they are! That looks like a fine example

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

·
Registered
33 Posts
Hi
what do you have for gasoline qualities on offer?, the MV needs min. 95 ROZ (super Benzin)
I use 91 high octane, runs just fine.. from what I read its almost the same as 95 regular octane in Europe 🤷‍♂️
We have 100 at a couple stations but I'm not sure how the F4 would react 🤔

·
Registered
33 Posts
do you have the orig. MV panel repainted or are these China parts?
Yeah bike came with full China fairings 🙄 I changed the rear seat fairing to Carbon fiber and also changed the belly bottom fairing to OEM, just need to replace the front and sides now.

·
Registered
135 Posts
The MV is designed for 95 octane in order to bring its performance, which cannot reach 91 octane, in addition, the combustion with high octane gasoline 95 or more octane is simply better.
Here in Germany there is no more 91 octane available, that has certainly not been available for more than 10 years, only 95, 98, Shell 100 and ARAL 102 octane.
I would just min. Fill up with 95 octane and you will notice a change but only at min. 2 tank fillings ....

·
Registered
135 Posts
ok the complete coverings with different decors are sold for approx. 400, - € + shipping and customs.
My questions like is the paint quality and the accuracy of fit of the parts? are the parts in quality like orig. MV Agusta or ??? because the china supplier always writes very high quality comparable to orig. MV Agusta!?
Thank you.
Ciao
Thomas

·
Registered
135 Posts
ok thanks i didn't know

But then in the US it ends at 91 octane, then in Europe we have even more to offer up to 102 octane, which means that the MK 7 Golf 7 R explicitly points out when selling as "quality-conscious refueling, whereby VW requires 98 octane!

·
Wing Nut
21,255 Posts
@MV Thomas , USA 91 is similar to your 95. We have some stations that sell 93 octane R+M/2

My MV's are very happy with USA 90 octane non-ethanol fuel.

Higher octane burns SLOWER than low octane. Best performance is with the lowest octane you can run without detonation (the true reason for higher octane numbers). High compression engines and long ignition advance are good reasons for higher octane requirements.

Now RACE gas is another animal. Race gas has oxygenators and other additives to make more heat (power) at a given octane.....so a 102 octane race gas will make more power than a lower octane race gas (if the engine is tuned to use it).

·
Registered
217 Posts
ok thanks i didn't know

But then in the US it ends at 91 octane, then in Europe we have even more to offer up to 102 octane, which means that the MK 7 Golf 7 R explicitly points out when selling as "quality-conscious refueling, whereby VW requires 98 octane!
There is a difference in how US vs. Europe measures octane.
Google RON and MON octane.
The gasoline is equal, just two different types of measurment.

1821 - 1840 of 1886 Posts