MV Agusta Forum banner

1761 - 1780 of 1807 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Having had the privilege of flying a Virgin Atlantic 747 for 17 years, today was the last flight of The queen of the Skies in the Virgin livery.
I took the F4 up to watch her fly into Manchester Airport. The closest I’ll get to a TopGun moment

Attachments

·
Administrator
19,545 Posts
What will they be replacing the 747 with??

·
Registered
815 Posts
The A350-1000 both in leisure and business fit. See when the industry starts opening up. The 747 is the last iconic aircraft.
Had the privileged of flying in one as a child. Avianca 747, they had the lounge/bar upstairs. Back when they used to allow children on the Flight Deck. Have fond memories of nice "Stewardesses'" taking me in the elevator to see the galley on an MD-10 also. The benefits of being 5!!

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
. . . today was the last flight of The queen of the Skies in the Virgin livery.
Hiya Mark. What usually happens to these 'out of service' aircraft? Are they sold to smaller or secondary airlines, or scrapped for parts? I imagine the aviation industry would set a 'use by' date on all craft, purely for safety measures?

Oh, nice bike, by the way:D. Not sure that we've seen that one of yours:unsure:.

·
Super Moderator
22,107 Posts
Let's not turn this into an Aircraft Thread please.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Hiya Mark. What usually happens to these 'out of service' aircraft? Are they sold to smaller or secondary airlines, or scrapped for parts? I imagine the aviation industry would set a 'use by' date on all craft, purely for safety measures?

Oh, nice bike, by the way:D. Not sure that we've seen that one of yours:unsure:.
Here’s your answer Nigel 😥

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
22,107 Posts
Woops. DARE we engage in a bit of camaraderie with a fellow member!!
Camaraderie, yes, thread derailment, no. It is simple to start a thread to discuss airplanes. Would you like me to do that for you?

·
Registered
2,626 Posts
Camaraderie, yes, thread derailment, no. It is simple to start a thread to discuss airplanes. Would you like me to do that for you?
Nah, not necessary, thanks very much. The topic would generate no more posts than often occurs in this section when a bike is pictured in tandem with another topical interest. This was an incidental offshoot, in the same vein as recent interaction in the form of: AGV helmets and eggs Benedict.

If this section is to operate only as a post your pic and walk away, it detracts from maintaining any sort relationship between the few participating members who continue to support this forum.

·
Super Moderator
22,107 Posts
Nigel, you know better than that. There are other windmills at which you can tilt.

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
A quick pic after leaving work a few weeks ago.

Attachments

1761 - 1780 of 1807 Posts