MV Agusta Forum banner

1621 - 1640 of 1678 Posts

·
Registered
866 Posts
I just used two button head allen screws with some blue loctite.
Edit: I'm alittle OCD and these are the only non factory fasteners on my bike. I don't notice them at all. But now that I think about it... As for other fasteners you can buy batches of used factory fasteners on ebay. This is useful because they are odd lengths. It only costs me $20 aud to have .5-1kg of factory fasteners including Dzus fasteners replated. IMO this was better than buying aftermarket ones or new ones. I purchased some stainless Dzus from Pro bolt and was not happy with them. They didn't orientate correctly and IMO looked dicky.

Very astute observation @bioluminescence. I clicked a couple of pages back and looked at @Glenno s and totally agree. Went and checked mine and I'm embarrassed to say I hadn't even noticed - especially the amount of polishing I do!!

So you're bang on - no friggin bolts in either side. Worse thing is that they look extremely difficult to get to. Can you offer any tips as to how much of the rear I might have to remove. Of course I have the manuals courtesy of Donsy, but if there's a quick fix you can advise, I'd be interested - and I'll use Loctite!!

This might serve as a warning for other F4 owners to check.

BTW, nup, never use the passenger seat, hence why I removed the pegs for aesthetics. I did get a carbon cover replacement, but ended up preferring the original look!

Edited to say: Just checked manual and it appears I can screw straight through adjacent holes. Appears to be an 8mm thread.

·
Registered
1,907 Posts
yeah yeah all nice and dandy, but that suzuki on the background though.

>:) just kidding, you swapped fairings since your avatar and new garage show black/white version?
I think it looks good, nice touch of italian flag in it. noice!

·
Registered
247 Posts
i have a manual fan switch on my 750
its on the bar between the throttle and oe switch. on the left side i have a second switch which turns on the third fan
the bars are infinitely adjustable and noww my bike is perfect even though iits well used

Attachments

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Is carl (aka CAG ) still around. Whats he doing with himself these days?

·
Registered
7,699 Posts
He spends all his time selling ammo and working out at crossfit. I dont think he has been on a bike in several years. Still has them along with a ton of parts.

1621 - 1640 of 1678 Posts