MV Agusta Forum banner
2021 - 2035 of 2035 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Ahhh I see. Had to zoom in around the branding. Looks like a step in ultra fine wet sanding then final coat. No?

·
Registered
331 Posts
finsh clear varnish is ready, but you don't have to remove a few dust inlets and small clear varnish noses.
nobody is perfect, but my conditions in the Hezungkeller are not really the best in the house.

·
Premium Member
2,646 Posts
Looks great! 🥃🥃

·
Registered
331 Posts
Thank you, but under certain conditions it is not easy to achieve really good results, but I am very satisfied with it, (even if I usually need 2 to 3 attempts because my ego always wants it to be as good as possible) see also mine Carbon pulpit, which has definitely gotten even better, luckily!

·
Old Wing Nut
22,680 Posts
Well done...I do not have the patience to paint. Always want to go too fast and end up with runs and sags.
Maybe I need lessons (and a proper paint booth and equipment !!)

·
Registered
331 Posts
I have equipment but a paint booth would be the dream, so that everything would be cleaner and the result mostly top ... when painting first.

·
Registered
2005 F4 AGO 2017 TVL RC
6,716 Posts
I did some painting on my last F4. Enjoyed it but never perfected it. Passable at best

·
Registered
70 Posts
Clear varnish is already on the last pictures you can see a bit schelcht but is very shiny and very smooth top

View attachment 489398
Nice MV Thomas! Quick question, are you respraying the entire bike? Or is it just the side panels?

I am planning on a full respray of my F4 (except air box and fuel tank), and I am struggling the find the tail unit's "F4" decal. I have managed to order original decals for everything else, however the "F4" for a nearly red/silver bike seems to be impossible to find! Any suggestions?

·
Registered
331 Posts
HELLO F4AL ,

I had all the stickers made in org. Size and colors by Steve Bradford
[email protected] because MV z, t. no longer delivers and if at all very, very expensive.
Asks Steve a nice greeting from me !!
I am currently getting 2 xMV Agusta stickers for the side panel including 2x VALVOLIE RADIALI

I don't paint everything that has to be done, such as carbon parts ...
Ciao
Thomas

·
Registered
70 Posts
HELLO F4AL ,

I had all the stickers made in org. Size and colors by Steve Bradford
[email protected] because MV z, t. no longer delivers and if at all very, very expensive.
Asks Steve a nice greeting from me !!
Thanks for the recommendation MV Thomas! After not being able to find the original ones, I found some dude from Italy on eBay that has some sticker sets for the F4 750, and they look exactly like the factory ones. Just need 2x of the "F4" logo for the tail, so let's see how they turn out. Will drop an email to your contact if the ones I got are no good.

·
Registered
331 Posts
I also had F4 in silver machee, it was important to me that the stickers in orig. Size and color are right and I only found that at Brad and for a small amount of money!
Brad can also be found on ebay, with almost everything, if you have one Brad then he does it the way you want it.
I am very pleased.
Do you have an Ebay.it address or article number from Italy, would like to see the offers for me.

·
Registered
1,430 Posts
Nice MV Thomas! Quick question, are you respraying the entire bike? Or is it just the side panels?

I am planning on a full respray of my F4 (except air box and fuel tank), and I am struggling the find the tail unit's "F4" decal. I have managed to order original decals for everything else, however the "F4" for a nearly red/silver bike seems to be impossible to find! Any suggestions?
These guys do high quality reproductions here in Aus. If you get stuck I can on ship them for you. I used them on my F4

2021 - 2035 of 2035 Posts