MV Agusta Forum banner
1541 - 1560 of 1569 Posts

·
Registered
Brutale 1000RR 2020
16 Posts
When you say his bike, do you mean my bike? Your question originally quoted my pictures. Antony's rush looks to have exactly the same mirrors as my 1000rr.
Part #8000C8634

·
Registered
Brutale 1000RR 2020
16 Posts
Did you get yours last year? It may be a production change. But I am pretty sure my bike is a MY2020. My dealer had a red rr, a rush and mine was last to sell

·
Registered
Brutale 910R 2006
17 Posts
Time to show off my altered 910R...... ;)

Before it looked like this:

And now it looks like this:

Changes made:
  • Barracuda bar end mirrors
  • Genuine MV Agusta alcantara seat
  • Red accents on dash and rear end applied
  • Pirelli Diablo Rosso III tyres

Still to be done: Mounting genuine MV Agusta Corse cans.

·
Old Wing Nut
22,498 Posts
Gina climbed onto Caylor-Made Motorsports' dyno this morning for a long awaited tweaking of the MV Corse Microtec !! The black one with MV Corse logo, not the full blown "tune everything" one that X-Bikes (Chris) offers.
The original MV Corse map for my bike was sooo fat all the way across the board....horrid fuel mileage and general laziness. I hadn't ridden much since installing it a while back, but it's time to ride now with the cool fall weather coming.
Opie (Chris Caylor) learned all about Microtec's software tuning the fuel map (can't do much else with the MV Corse unit).
Got the fuel curve back where it ought to be and picked up 10 hp.
Bike runs so much better now. Opie took it for a spin and declared it a proper hooligan bike.
I'm a happy boy.

Full disclosure...Opie is a good friend and ex-pro racer. He did this for me as a favor (and to learn about Microtecs). Otherwise I would have been at DucShop having Mark work his magic (he is MUCH more familiar with Italian bikes and Microtecs) .....but free is free.
Automotive tire Automotive lighting Wheel Motor vehicle Vehicle

If you have a Japanese brand bike and live in Atlanta, Opie is your go to guy for services, tires, race bike prep etc
(OK...I admit....blatant plug for a good man that just tuned my Brutale !!)

Reactions: bogie and mv raptor

·
Registered
601 Posts
Gina climbed onto Caylor-Made Motorsports' dyno this morning for a long awaited tweaking of the MV Corse Microtec !! The black one with MV Corse logo, not the full blown "tune everything" one that X-Bikes (Chris) offers.
The original MV Corse map for my bike was sooo fat all the way across the board....horrid fuel mileage and general laziness. I hadn't ridden much since installing it a while back, but it's time to ride now with the cool fall weather coming.
Opie (Chris Caylor) learned all about Microtec's software tuning the fuel map (can't do much else with the MV Corse unit).
Bike runs so much better now. Opie took it for a spin and declared it a proper hooligan bike.
I'm a happy boy.

Full disclosure...Opie is a good friend and ex-pro racer. He did this for me as a favor (and to learn about Microtecs). Otherwise I would have been at DucShop having Mark work his magic (he is MUCH more familiar with Italian bikes and Microtecs) .....but free is free.
View attachment 488662
If you have a Japanese brand bike and live in Atlanta, Opie is your go to guy for services, tires, race bike prep etc
what gearing are you using ?

·
Old Wing Nut
22,498 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,529 Posts
Thanks @esq'z me for the details. Plugs only aid if the source has you/our best interest. I assume your TB were in line with proper idle before and after your buddies dyno magic. Will you post a printout? Curious. (Mine is a Race ecu installed by FBF, open arrow).

·
Registered
601 Posts
Stock....never felt a need to change it.
Stock....never felt a need to change it.
just asking as after my accident I wanted it a bit less holicanistic so I run 16/41 it runs very smooth and a bit more relaxing roads around where I am are getting more congested
and you cant ride like you used to that's why I bought that royal Enfield int 650 now I have got that set up right I can ride that and not get into any trouble take it from me the 910 is a hooligan and it will kill you if you get it wrong respect this bike was out on 910 on Sunday and I enjoyed it .

Attachments

·
Old Wing Nut
22,498 Posts
@EBBO .... Bike is in good tune, but it is time to check the valves again (28K miles).
I'll be doing a major service over the winter (plugs valves etc etc) and installing Samco hoses.
Everyone's dyno reads different. Ferraci's is (was) notoriously optimistic (good for sales).
I have a BMC air cleaner and the MV Corse exhaust and cans (no cat, crossover pipe between outer cylinders, non-highway mufflers).
She made 126 hp on Opies dyno today. Started at 116.
Down at Daytona bike week a few years back with the "Kit" ECU from MV the DynoJet boys at WyoTech School's Brute HP Shootout ran her and proclaimed 135 hp......
Regardless of the number, power delivery is spot on and she goes as fast I want to (sometimes maybe a bit faster).

I can work on it a bit more....but this was what we got after about an hour.

Rectangle Slope Font Line Parallel

Attachments

Reactions: EBBO

·
Registered
209 Posts
I'm a happy boy.

View attachment 488662

The mv corse map is too much rich? What configuration air filter and exhaust?

·
Old Wing Nut
22,498 Posts
The mv corse map is too much rich? What configuration air filter and exhaust?
Oh yeah .... way fat.
I have a BMC air cleaner and the MV Corse exhaust and cans (no cat, crossover pipe between outer cylinders, non-highway mufflers). The off-road exhaust "Kit" that came with the 2006 910R.

1541 - 1560 of 1569 Posts