MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 24 Posts

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My clutch slave has started leaking so I guess it's time to replace. Yeah, I read in the Maintenance threads about removing the anodizing and replacing the seal but I don't really have a place to do work.

Anyway, I'm thinking of getting a black Oberon but am open to other ideas. Anybody had an aftermarket slave fail? Don't want to find myself back in the same situation.

Black Oberon:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
The Moto Corse ones do look really nice! I don't think I'm willing to spend the extra cash on it, though, unless it works better than the Oberon. The Moto Corse ones I have seen were a fair bit more. Still thinking about it.

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
Moto corse for me Spry!
Brian:)
Brian,

It looks like you added something to the inside of the Moto Corse chain guard to fill the holes. Was it to avoid chain spatter or more for aesthetics?

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Brian,

It looks like you added something to the inside of the Moto Corse chain guard to fill the holes. Was it to avoid chain spatter or more for aesthetics?
David., it's the 'Foam' insert that goes along (in front of)with the 'backing plate' on the inside of the OEM cover.

Here is my thread on fitting it and the 'Slave'..http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47878

You can leave it off/out...,however I fitted mine as I explained in a post a while ago...

Quote:
Originally Posted by rickyleesurf View Post....http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=50858
''Asked in another thread without an answer. Thought I'd try it in a new thread. I bought a new sprocket cover and was wondering what the foam piece in the cover was for''?

My post..
''Oops...sorry I just noticed...,yeah what Noel said., In fact you can see in some photos of the sprocket cover that the foam has been omitted http://www.designcorse.co.uk/Billet_...Sprocket_Cover... the decision is yours.

However be aware that the 'foam' is held in place by a pressed metal 'backing plate' and the cable for the speed sensor runs behind this (actually there is a route for this cable on the inside face of the foam).

So if you want to leave out the 'foam' and want to see the sprocket (like in one of the photos' then you'd have to leave out the metal backing plate as well......this however leaves the cable for the speed sensor vulnerable to catching on the chain and sprocket as it goes 'behind' what you'd be removing.

Have a look at the photos in my thread for clarity http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=47878.

Hope this 'belated' answer helps.
Cheers Brian''.

·
Registered
248 Posts
The Moto Corse ones do look really nice! I don't think I'm willing to spend the extra cash on it, though, unless it works better than the Oberon. The Moto Corse ones I have seen were a fair bit more. Still thinking about it.
Yeah, the Moto Corse one is double the brice of the Oberon? That's one expensive logo!

·
Registered
188 Posts
It says the moto corse is made by STM, whats the difference between the m corse and the plain STM slaves.
Bikes looks nice fellas:mouthwate

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I have a STM on mine coupled with a Brembo 16x18 billet clutch master. Sorry no pics.

The motocorse slave is just a rebranded STM. Save your penny's and get a STM. But upgrade your clutch master! The stock nissin clutch master doesn't move enough fluid to fully engage a aftermarket slave like the STM.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #15 (Edited)
I have a STM on mine coupled with a Brembo 16x18 billet clutch master. Sorry no pics.

The motocorse slave is just a rebranded STM. Save your penny's and get a STM. But upgrade your clutch master! The stock nissin clutch master doesn't move enough fluid to fully engage a aftermarket slave like the STM.

I had pretty much decided to buy an STM slave in the silver/titanium/lead/gray/natural color. And yes, those are all names I have seen for the color (plus one more that I can't recall off hand). I assume all those colors are the same since I have only seen one silvery one in photos.

But now you are making me question whether I should get one. I have no intention of changing my master cylinder. I don't mind the clutch pull as it is. I'm just wanting to change the slave because it is leaking and I don't feel like messing around with trying to rebuild it (and polish the interior for a better seal).

Are other people using the STM with the stock master cylinder? Does it work ok?

ETA: I found the other name for the color: graphite

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
Are other people using the STM with the stock master cylinder? Does it work ok?
Yeah Spry that's what I'm using., (albeit mine is 're-branded' as motocorse).....I'm still using the OEM master cylinder and it works fine.
However as has already pointed out there will be no difference in the 'heaviness' or 'pull' of the lever.
If your'e happy with that then everything will be fine..,however for a 'lighter pull' .,then a master cylinder 'upgrade' such as the Brembo one mentioned by Joe (mv2envy)will achieve this. ( maybe one for the future for me:naughty:)
Hope this helps
Brian:)

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
I for one had problems getting my stock clutch master to fully engage the STM slave. That was the reason I went with the brembo master. But YMMV.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
I have the feeling that unbeknownst to us, MV might have changed the bore of the master cylinders on the later model bikes, I might be wrong, but I have installed STM and Oberon on F4's and B4's without any problems, 1000s and 910R onwards.

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Thanks Brian, Joe and Donsy!

I just placed my order for a graphite colored STM with GP Racing. Now I'll have to wait the 2 or 3 weeks it will take to get here through the military system. :banghead:

·
Registered
694 Posts
Discussion Starter #20 (Edited)
I got my clutch slave from Gutsy Performance today!! That's some incredibly quick shipping - I didn't think it could get through the Army system that fast. Wow! Thanks Alex!

1 - 20 of 24 Posts