MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have now finished my quest to carbonize my MV but i am not sure if i should put decals on her.... Some of you boys are great with paintshop please have a play and see if you can come up with a decal set for her !!!

the pics are in my album mveddie

Thanks
Eddie

ps how do you add a photo to a message

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Bike looks good, Eddie...I think it needs a splash of color...You can get lots of ideas here, just poke around the albums.

To add a photo, before you post your message, scroll to the bottom and hit "Manage Attachments", make sure any pop-up blockers are off. It will direct you to browse for your photo. They can be anysize in the Albums, but are limited to about 980K (I think) in the posts, so you may need to resize the photo first, if it is very high-resolution.

Good luck with your design.

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
96 Posts
Hey brother,

Nice job, by the way.......How about instead of decals you use the lack of paint in certain area's as a "decal"......What I mean is, whatever decal you are contemplating- use the exposed CF in the shape or desighn of the decal that you would have wanted.....Then you can paint the rest as you desire, but you wont actually have any decals on your bike...Did I explain this correctly?

Keep it between the hedges,

FBD

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
The Tambo has a bunch of that...You paint everywhere except for where the "graphics" are, that area is masked prior to paint, the decals are removed, and then the whole panel is cleared...Here are a couple examples, the CF is showing through from where the paint isn't. It is quite an effect, FBD is right! Look closely...

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
96 Posts
I think the stock CF bodywork on a 999r has the word "Ducati" and the "999R" model designation as raw CF surrounded by painted CF.....So the rich texture of the woven CF can show through in the letter's and number's...If I recall, the Tamborini also has this kind of contrast between painted and unpainted carbon fiber.....In essence, the lack of a decal acts as a decal......Sorry to go on and on about it but you've done something really beautiful there....I REALLY love what you have done....You are in a very unique and envious position, you have the most Jaw-droppingly beautiful blank piece of canvas on the planet......Goodonya!

It's so clear in my little brain, but It gets lost in the printed word..Did I convey this to you correctly?

Hedges

FBD

P.S. I like all things that are "subtle"........My suggestions for your delicious machine might be a little too subtle for you.....Then again, maybe not....Whatever you decide, I love It!!!.....Good job, brother!

·
Registered
96 Posts
TWOELEVEN, thanks!!!......Thats exactly what I was seeing in my little brain!!!!.........TWOELEVEN pulled through in the clutch!.., Thanks again...

HEdges.

FBD

·
Registered
96 Posts
MVEDDIE,
I got some more idea's....I'll keep thinking about it..Sounds like you want to keep most of the CF paint free, lots of possibilities for you like that...

Hedges,

FBD

P.S. I got lots more idea's, actually...

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #13 (Edited)
Thanks
for the comments firebreathingdog it's taken me a year and a half to raise the funds to do it.... I realy want to make it unique a one off to keep forever !!!!

PS love to see all the ideas you have :)

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
Did you ever see Joe P's all mvsp carbon bike? Shame how the carbon comes out when uploaded, the oridinal photo is spot on, just click on the photo then click the expand sign for better detail

Attachments

·
Registered
5,193 Posts
mveddie said:
That looks very nice I got me thinking now !!!!!
He's also done something with the red ears now, I'll have another root through my pictures..........................

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
mikef4uk said:
Did you ever see Joe P's all mvsp carbon bike? Shame how the carbon comes out when uploaded, the oridinal photo is spot on, just click on the photo then click the expand sign for better detail
THAT is almost perfect...Please tell me he is saving for new mirrors?

Griff
twoeleven

OK, Eddie, I'm partial to this design...Hehe!

1 - 20 of 39 Posts