MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi everyone,

I've been a lurker here for a bit and have enjoyed reading all your posts. You guys seem to be very imformative and are a great bunch of people. However, I've stumbled upon a little dilema and I'm wondering if you guys can provide me with some feedback.

I have been planning on getting the F4 for the last month although I've been wanting it for years, so today I took a trip to my local dealer to see the bike in person. Pictures of it have always been gorgeous, but seeing it in person is so much more. Since I was there, I couldn't pass up the opportunity to take a test ride on their demo model. I loved the way it handles and the power delivery is really great, although I wasn't too impressed with the brakes.

Anyways my situation is this. I expressed concerns to the dealer that the 07 models are due out at any time and had asked him if there are any new improvements to the newer model. I don't want to end up buying the current bike now knowing that in just a few short weeks, a much more improved model is coming out. The dealer said he doesn't know if there are any changes or not. He did end up offering me a good deal if I should decide on picking up the 06.

Do you guys think I should wait for the 07, or just pick this one up? I mean, other than the brakes I love everything about this bike. I've been hearing about the new 1000R, but I don't think I've heard anyone mentioning what's in store for the new "S" model. Are there any improvements you've heard about? Do you think waiting for the 07 will justify paying a bit more but satisfying the feeling of having the latest and greatest?

Thanks,

LT

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
:) Funny, I was going to post a similar thread. I think what is comes down to is:

You/we could find a left over 2005 model now that would sell for around $20,000. The 2005 model isn't really any different from the current 2006s (at least I don't think there is). http://www.beaudrymotorsports.com/cgi/bmsinstock.pl

Or, we can wait a few more months and get the F41000R with a reported 8 more hp and less weight, new wheels, new clutch, better brakes for $23,000 - which is $1,300 more than the 2006's MSPR.

Personally, I'm fighting the impluse of instant gratification and waiting for the F41000R. :(

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
7,753 Posts
I have been offered $18,900 for an 05 S model in the Chicago market. I want the R and will pay a little more for it. I just want it to be in the silver and red. Does anyone know if any other color options will be offered?

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
Rockethouse said:
Go to the gallery and check the F4R album you will find some pics there.
The red/silver is a little different for the S version.
http://www.mvagusta.it/_vti_g2_ver.aspx?IdVer=98&rpstry=27_

R1andrew, thanks for the tip on the discount on the '05. My problems is I'm playing musical vehicles. I'd like to trade my 999 for a F41000R but I'm also planning on trading my Elise for the Exige S. Two Lotus dealers have confirmed the U.S. is getting the supercharged version of the Exige (not a widely know secret in the Elise community). So, maybe it makes sense just to get a left over '05 MV? :confused:

Attachments

·
Registered
756 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:

R1andrew, thanks for the tip on the discount on the '05. My problems is I'm playing musical vehicles. I'd like to trade my 999 for a F41000R but I'm also planning on trading my Elise for the Exige S. Two Lotus dealers have confirmed the U.S. is getting the supercharged version of the Exige (not a widely know secret in the Elise community). So, maybe it makes sense just to get a left over '05 MV? :confused:
Hi Alan, another Lotus enthusiast...I did read an article recently about an Exige S (I believe). Didn't recall the supercharger feature. I forget which magazine...was in a story about a new forcedfed 380hp track only Exige. What do you know about the next generation Elise. I have found absolutely no info. Thx :)

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
MVorBMW said:
Hi Alan, another Lotus enthusiast...I did read an article recently about an Exige S (I believe). Didn't recall the supercharger feature. I forget which magazine...was in a story about a new forcedfed 380hp track only Exige. What do you know about the next generation Elise. I have found absolutely no info. Thx :)
My other "virtual bar stool" is here: http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=901558

From what I've seen, there's no plans for a next generation Elise for the next few years since Lotus is busy with the Europa and new Espirit. However,there was a thread from a Lotus insider saying the new Espirit's introduction has been pushed back to 2009.

As for the tuners, there've been LOTS of firery thread about messed up turbocharger jobs - mostly resulting for ECU issues. But I'm 90% sure an Exgie S will be here around January. I consider the power deliver of the Elise/Exige to be very much like the 750 MV's. Not really interesting under 6,000 rpm but a hoot afterwards.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this thread. Back to MVs!

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
756 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:
My other "virtual bar stool" is here: http://www.elisetalk.com/forums/search.php?searchid=901558

From what I've seen, there's no plans for a next generation Elise for the next few years since Lotus is busy with the Europa and new Espirit. However,there was a thread from a Lotus insider saying the new Espirit's introduction has been pushed back to 2009.

As for the tuners, there've been LOTS of firery thread about messed up turbocharger jobs - mostly resulting for ECU issues. But I'm 90% sure an Exgie S will be here around January. I consider the power deliver of the Elise/Exige to be very much like the 750 MV's. Not really interesting under 6,000 rpm but a hoot afterwards.

Sorry, I didn't mean to hijack this thread. Back to MVs!
Perfect analogy on the Elise...thx for link. I can't resist a pic of mine...with the MV

Attachments

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
4,473 Posts
spalding12 said:
they really compliment each other well, i think
They do very well. I rememebr a few years back, the common combo use to be a Ducati 996/8 and an MV....that was before chiropractors started raising rates. :naughty:

Gesh, I feel like a dinosaur dating back to the days when the 999 was just being introduced, MV's were only 750s, and a 1000 was only a rumor. That was like what....3 years ago? :laughing:

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thanks for the warm welcome and replies to my thread everyone! This definitely helps my decision a lot. Now it's time to get my finances in order and pick me up an MV of my very own.

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Allan Gibbs said:

Allan-

In my vast volumes of monthly periodical reading, I saw the Exige S was coming to America; but the news I read was that it would not be imported for use on public roads (racing only). I hope you're right! If so, you HAVE to get one... AND the 1000R... just so we can all see the pics in your gallery!!

I love the Lotus, and Colin Chapman was "da man"! At 6'1" and 200#, I can't fit in one very well, though.

-WYD OPN

BTW... NO griping about hijacking the thread... the Elise/Exige is basically a motorcycle with 4 wheels!

·
Formerly WYD OPN
2,150 Posts
Allan...
I looked up the Exige info I mentioned above.

Car and Driver - September 2006 - Page 29
Lotus Sport Exige Cup
Only 15 to be imported for track only
$78,990 MSRP (GULP!!)
Supercharged 243hp/174#ft
Airbags Deleted
Fuel Cell Added
Racing Seats
Fire-Suppression System
Roll Cage
Yokohama Slicks

1 - 20 of 21 Posts