MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I love the looks of the F4 and have an opportunity to get one at Pro Italia. I am interested in trading in my 1098s for a titanium F4. I know this is an MV forum and the answer may be biased but if you were in my shoes, would you do it and why? Also what I should pick the bike up for. I saw a bulletin from MV saying the bikes are $500 from the manufacturer. I notice that there are issues such as overheating, wheel bearings and leaks. Should I be worried? Thanks!:f4:

·
Registered
1,322 Posts
+1 on keep them both if you can.....

If you can't.....The F4 is a better bike IMO and I like it a lot more than my 1198S (now sold). The duc was a great bike also, but the F4 (at least the 2010 model) is better IMO.

Duc is much more of a track bike and not so friendly on public roads....the MV is much better on public roads and is just as good looking (if not better) than the Duc.

Now that doesn't mean I don't want the new ducati coming out next year as well....:mouthwate

·
Registered
3,242 Posts
I don't have that much time to ride them unfortunately. I am already struggling between two bikes. A third would be a horrible idea hah.
How much you ride them is beside the point. Its how good they look sitting in your garage!

J/K I understand what you're saying. I really don't need two bikes either, especially with the short Illinois riding season, but it is fun to have some variety though.

·
Registered
207 Posts
duc /MV

:smoking:you see the duc all over you almost never see a MV. i have a brutale , and every where i go people come over to look at it. iy is something special. more refined than the duc, nit knocking the duc at all. in line verses twin, two different motors and riding prefrence. i would recomened riding one first.GOOD LUCK :smoking: :jsm:

·
Registered
337 Posts
Really depends on the type of motor you like. If I was faced with that choice, it would be a tough one but I'd personally keep the 1098s. But I have a Brutale now so a vtwin would be perfect. I used to ride a 1098s and to this day, I still regret selling it. And I have ridden an F4 (not the 2010 model).
As some have said here, two different beasts with different set of fangs. I just love the sound and the torque of vtwin engines. In fact, I plan on getting a Ducati or a used Honda RC51 later this year. The F4 sounds great too when rev'd and has a nice high end rush.

Either way, you can't go wrong (maybe except for the expense of a new debt/loan) :)

Mike

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
I love the looks of the F4 and have an opportunity to get one at Pro Italia. I am interested in trading in my 1098s for a titanium F4. I know this is an MV forum and the answer may be biased but if you were in my shoes, would you do it and why? Also what I should pick the bike up for. I saw a bulletin from MV saying the bikes are $500 from the manufacturer. I notice that there are issues such as overheating, wheel bearings and leaks. Should I be worried? Thanks!:f4:
Consider carefully the after sales back-up and spares availability you already have with Ducati; and what you may get with MV Agusta

another question? another subject perhaps?
will Italy's dire position in europe with the euro & dept have any effect on MV? perhaps not?

·
Registered
332 Posts
I have both 1098 and 1078.

For me they are different bikes and I enjoy both in a different way

1. If you like the vtwin sweet sound and delivery dont sell the duc
2. If you dont like difficult riding position or you get tired easily dont get the mv, not the easiest of bikes. Heavier as well than duc.
3. Powerwise MV wins big way. Unless you compare to 1098R
4. Sth which I m not sure if it was mentioned by others: duc will soon release a new bike (already pixs were published and comments on new engine- 'superquadrata') so take this into consideration.

If one bike must remain/ chosen I would vote for the Duc. Only because I prefer the engine.

MV reliability: yes I had some issues, nothing dramatic but needs patience. Others mentioned many other things, big and small. Modern superbikes do have probleems. It (MV) is worth it and its a beautiful bike but it needs attention. Ducatis used to be like that 10 years ago. Not any more. They do present little things from time to time but perhaps not as often as MV. Ofcourse these things are not black and white. I see owners here with 40000+ kms on clock and with no problem so you better be lucky..if mv is the way to go dont let reliability stand in the way. Get the bike and everything can be fixed

P.

1 - 18 of 18 Posts