MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I had it painted Red two years ago. I am thinking about pulling her apart this year and going with a Titanium color. Would have it stripped down and not sure if I would just go with paint, powder coating, or anodized. What are your thoughts? I could just leave well enough alone and leave it red.

Attachments

·
Administrator
20,411 Posts
Not sure that will work with he body paint job....anybody care to photoshop it?

Randrew.....you are a sick man.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I know.

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have always liked the frame on these bikes to stand out. The black bikes with a red frame just pop. I would like to see if someone could Photoshop the pic. Dave you do have me thinking about the subframe. Not going in red but may do it in Ti or black?

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
Leave it alone Randrew.......it looks great. Don't screw it up. Start another project. Pick another bike that interests you.....something completely different, something that would restore your manhood......how 'bout a Brutie?

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Leave it alone Randrew.......it looks great. Don't screw it up. Start another project. Pick another bike that interests you.....something completely different, something that would make you have to restore your manhood after owning......how 'bout a Brutie?
Fixed

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Personally, if you like the frame to stand out, I think you have chosen the best color already. Maybe anodize the subframe black? That's something I've been considering during our southern hemisphere winter.

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
The old saying goes "If ain't broke, don't fix it" having seen that bike in the flesh - it DEFINITELY ain't broke!

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
+1

although im sure you wouldnt screw it up

but from the pics you have shown, it looks bloody good as it is.

I guess it goes with the nature of my business. Always wanting more and how to improve on everything.

The old saying goes "If ain't broke, don't fix it" having seen that bike in the flesh - it DEFINITELY ain't broke!

Thanks Rob. It was great meeting you at the Bubba.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Andrew

It ALL looks good to me but can appreciate your curiosity and the need to wonder if you can change/improve things.

Just wondering, the other colour you are thinking about (titanium) are you visualising the colour similar to the Y10 models or more the Ducati colour (a bronzie/grey???)

Trying to think what colour (other than black) contrasts nicley against the red of the tank and fairings and will stand out. I keep coming up with bronze (dare I say Ducati), but I honestly think you will be hard pushed to better what you have already done.

Dave

·
Registered
5,824 Posts
Andrew, you cant anodize steel, and you are not supposed to powedercoat tig welded chromo steel because it will get brittle when heated, so paint is the only option. I say leave it be, looks perfect the way it is.

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
There is no suggestion from anyone on this thread to anodize steel.
There is a suggestion to anodize the aluminum subframe. For clarification sake, that's this bit:

Attachments

·
Registered
1,004 Posts
hopefully ill be painting my frame, sub frame and swing arm in White. i know a lot of maintanance/cleaning, but trust me when im done the colors would be black, white, red and CF. and as far as a SUGGESTION for frame color for you would be the same color as you frame plates which i believe they are magnesium. or the same color as your swing arm.

·
Registered
461 Posts
Andrew, you cant anodize steel, and you are not supposed to powedercoat tig welded chromo steel because it will get brittle when heated, so paint is the only option. I say leave it be, looks perfect the way it is.
Joe

Interested in this, as I was thinking of having my frame powder coated, but this makes me think twice. I have read varying views/opinions on this and without hijacking Andrew's thread would be interested in the general consensus of opinion of others.

Surely the process of TIG welding will put the chromo steel through a higher heat cycle than powder coating, or is it the subsequent heat cycle or the exposure of the overall frame that makes this potentially unwise?

I have little knowledge of this, just want to seek the views of others before deciding what to do, if anything!

Dave

·
Registered
7,804 Posts
Discussion Starter #19
Who cleans your place and keeps the yard and driveway so neat?
Alex
I do all of it. Pretty anal about the yard and mulch areas. Thanks for the complement. The true test will be on our new property which is 6 times larger than what I currently have.

you could paint the frame gold to match the Ohlins. That'd look good and pop.
Might be too much pop for me.

Good to know. I never knew this.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts