MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi guys,
I'm gonna change my actual exhaust silencer and I was wondering if I have to change the chip or not? I ask this question because the new silencer exhaust comes with it so I guess it's for something. Also if you could please tell me what is his function that would make smarter before going to bed tonight.
Thanks.

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Well , It may or it may not run fine on standard chip , that is why the new exhaust comes with the new chip which is allready tuned for the new pipe. You may also need a Power Comander to finetune your engine. You may, that is if it is not running fine so dont get too worried about it . New Chip has a new engine map programed for your pipe in it . You should also consider changing your air filter for BMC instead of stock for more free air suply to your engine. good luck !!!

·
Registered
516 Posts
Doesn't hurt to simply put on the new pipes and see how it runs (you'll know)
Then try out the new chip and see how it runs...
Then decide your path

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
What type of exhaust are you planning to fit?

·
Registered
215 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Where is the chip?

Ok everything is ready for the new one. The old exhaust is gone! But I don't know where is the chip. Here are 2 pictures to help me out if you can. Do I have to open the black part or the chip is behind the silver sticker?
Thanks for your help.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,388 Posts
:stopp:It says don`t remove it in about 5 languages and I think if you do you will go to jail like with those tags on a mattress.:ahhh:

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Bottom of your ECU (right under that shiny , do not remove sticker ) is a round plug about 2-3 inches in diameter. you can feel it under the sticker. Carefully cut the sticker around the rubber plug with sharp scalpel or razor blade. Remove the rubber plug.You will see inside the computer a little white nylon cover . Remove it . (You'll have to pull it out somehow.) under that is a chipp.

·
Registered
2,388 Posts

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
also be careful when you put the new chip in. make sure its in the right way( match the grove up the side of the chip) cause once I blew my stock chip from putting in up side down:bash::bawling:

·
Registered
2,323 Posts
I ran my rg3 pipes on both stock and the rg3 chip. IMO didnt notice the difference. mate just take your time with it dont rush it.
you can buy a "chip remover tool" from a tec shop to take out the chip. Be Careful not to bend the metal bits.

post some pics as you go if your not to sure.

hope this helps?

1 - 18 of 18 Posts