MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
does anyone make a shorter sidestand for the brutales that would fit the 2010 version of the bike?

i ask because my brutale was lowered about .75 inches and now the sidestand put it close to vertical on any normal street.
thanks

·
Administrator
20,060 Posts
Cut and weld.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
can someone with an new 990 or 1090 count the number of lines on the fork tubes that are showing above the top triple clamp so that i know what the stock height was.

·
Registered
147 Posts
roadbiking, I'm travelling for business...I will check the stock height and post it when I am back home.

·
Registered
210 Posts
can someone with an new 990 or 1090 count the number of lines on the fork tubes that are showing above the top triple clamp so that i know what the stock height was.
My 1090 is still set up stock and the triple clamp sits on the 2nd ring down. Hope that helps

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
thanks that is the 2nd ring down on the fork tube when you are looking at the bike from the side?

in other words you see the second ringline down from the top at the thinnest part of the triple clamp around the fork tube?

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
my bike is showing 4 full rings and it looks like its about 3/4 of the way to the 5th ring, to make it 1/2 inch lower than the stock 2 rings.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
it work fine the only thing is that when you put it down on a flat surface the bike is only slightly leaned over not nearly as much as when you get it stock, and if the ground is not level and slightly off camber then the bike is almost literally straight up and down.

·
Registered
147 Posts
roadbiking,
You can find in the picture the suspension stock settings for my 990R...

1 - 15 of 15 Posts