MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
I've been there - and I must tell you I was very disappointed.

Being here in Germany it is just some kind of street that we have near by.

You should go to the Alps, may be the Italian part or the French southern part heading to Mont Carlo.

THAT is top notch!!

Jochen

·
Registered
3,903 Posts
Yes Jochen the Alps are great and there are in Germany pretty nice roads as well.
But pretty boring roads to.
Alone You forget to tell us about speed cameras, video equipped cops on bikes, peoples who spill oil on the street or roads closed for motorcyclists and so on.
Combined with all the fabulous roads in the south is the dragon for sure a great fun road.
And You should not forget that many of the riders are coming to the dragon from far away states where roads are usually laid out with rulers.
Might we are mostly not going over public back roads in excess speeds of 100mph but our roads cater You with awesome fun, even if You go only 60, 50 or 40.
And Yes, I was many times in the Alps, Italian, Austrian, Swiss or German, I agree it is a paradise.

·
Super Moderator
22,092 Posts
I was there on September 2nd.

·
Super Moderator
22,092 Posts
I have ridden the The Tail many times as an adjunct to other rides. It connects the Cherohala with Route 28, so if you are staying at any of the area's very nice accommodations (We were in Nantahala Village) you can take this as a short cut between places. Of course, we used Wheeler's Performance to replace some very worn tires. I followed some SUV driving A-hole who couldn't keep his vehicle on his side of the road. I slowed and waited to provide assistance to whatever luckless motorcycle came the other way...happily, that did not come to fruition.

Oh, I "slayed" The Dragon on my wife's Ducati Monster 695 as a method of scrubbing in the new tires I got at Wheeler's.

·
Registered
1,549 Posts
Nice little article, thanks for sharing.

We're pulling out early this coming Sunday morning for Murphy NC and Ducks Fly South, (See my post in the events section. http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=110889)

We always make a pilgrimage to the Dragon if only to sit and watch the comings and goings. The wife doesn't see any point in riding it anymore. It's become a "Been there, done that" sort of thing for her. Still, I usually make at least one pass in both directions. :naughty:
We much prefer other the roads in the area like the Cherohala or Fontana Rd. (#28). :yo:
Both Wayah and Junaluska were in bad shape the last time we rode them. To bad too as they used to provide a nice counterpoint between tight twisties and open sweepers.

So many roads, so little time.... :ahhh:

1 - 7 of 7 Posts