MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm soon to be installing a new LiFePO4 battery into the F4. It should be delivered in a couple days from Motowheels. I've read a few posts on how to access the battery, so hopefully the install should go nice and easy.

From the pics I've noticed the positive and negative terminals are swapped. My question is, are the stock power + and - cables long enough, or are they going to be stretched tight while trying to reach the other side of the battery terminals?

·
Super Moderator
22,313 Posts
Put the battery on its side......DO NOT HOOK UP THE BATTERY IN A REVERSE POLARITY CONDITION.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No worries on hooking them up backwards. To nice of a bike to cause this sort of an unnessissary headache.

From the pics, it looked like the new battery terminals are on opposite sides. I was just trying to clarify. I'm sure once it arrives I'll be able to see for sure.

·
King of Bling
9,818 Posts
Chris

If your F41000 is the pre 2010 model, then LFX19A4-BS12 is the recommended Shorai for your bike and the terminal connections should be in the same location as the OEM battery....

If you haven't ordered one, then I also recommend you consider getting the Shorai specific battery charger.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
yup, LFX19A4-BS12 is the one I having coming. Next is to figure how to put this thing in. I'm sure I'll find a thread already posted for this. Thanks guys…

·
Super Moderator
22,313 Posts
Chris, the new battery installs on its side with the negative terminal forward, just like the original battery.
Here are a couple of comparison pics:

SHORAI.jpg

View attachment Battery Installation.doc

The Shorai information label faces up.

·
Super Moderator
22,313 Posts
I assume you have a Yuasa battery in there now.

Side by side they look like this:

ytz10s.png

SHORAI.jpg

Note the terminals are in the same arrangement.

This is how allot of people have mis-wired their batteries. These babies go on their side with the NEGATIVE terminal FORWARD.

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Both pics are correct. Poor girl's dead right now till I get the battery installed. I would have seen this if I waited for it to arrive, but I'd rather ask now then run into any surprises when it got here.

·
Super Moderator
22,313 Posts
A lot of people look, but do not see.;)

·
Super Moderator
22,313 Posts
Wow, John...it is interesting when you see them side-by-side!

·
Registered
97 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Battery swap was a non-issue. Bike fires right up and is ready to roll...Quick question though. Could anyone tell me how (or show me a pic) of how this stupid spring was suppose to go? It's suppose to hold the seat up, but I felt like a dummy trying to figure it out...

* Not sure if it matters or not, but this for a 2006 F4.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,557 Posts
With the lithium battery install and the obvious side difference, what have you guys used for packing material to hold the battery in place?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts