MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone with a Shorai LFX19A4-BS12 battery have an issue where the positive cables won't bolt up correctly to the battery because of the 90 degree bend of the connectors?

I'm hoping someone else has run into this and spotted an easy workaround that I'm just not seeing beyond having to get new positive cables with different connectors on the battery side

Attachments

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The "Battery Finder" on Shorai's website. It's the only battery suggested once I put in my bike's info. Then I measured my old Yuasa and looked at the L/H/W dimensions of the Shorai to confirm it would fit in the right orientation

·
Registered
200 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
My workaround is to rotate the cable(s) 90 degrees and bolt them to the front of the terminal instead of the top. All of the battery cables still route to where they need to correctly. The rubber boot on the positive mostly still works (I have it pulled back for the sake of the photo), it just doesn't completely cover the back of the terminal closest to the middle of the bike, and I think that's probably fine. Guess I just needed to take a break and come back to it to see a really obvious, simple adjustment.

You could probably flatten the connectors with a hammer or in a vice, and they'd reach wherever you want on the battery terminal, but whenever possible I like to make things non-destructive in a sense that I can return to OEM easily should the need arise.

How did you end up with that battery Chris ?
Why, does it not seem correct? Aside from the positive terminal covfefe, it fits like a glove w/ 15mm of padding on the left side of the battery box and 10mm on the right, and is the exact same installed height as the Yuasa so the padding on the bottom of the seat rests against the top of the battery just the same, too. I like the specs of it - 19Ah, 285 CCA.

Attachments

1 - 4 of 4 Posts