MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Were do you guy's go for your gear. Here in the states it can be hard to find good quality euro gear. I personaly like Dainese and Sidi products, which can be found in limited supply at my local euro bike dealer, but I'm curious were others go for their gear. Who has the best source/ distributor? How are the prices? Do they deliver? :lickout:

·
Registered
735 Posts
Spectrum Ducati/Aprilia in Irvine, CA. they carry tons of stuff . Dainese, Sidi, Held, Arai, etc.

stores who stock merchandise to be tried on should not be undercut for web orders.

the answer to your question is whoever is local to YOU.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I agree with Mika on this one. I know you guys in the States have far greater distances between Retailers than here in the UK where just about everything is within a 300 mile radius, but my motto is support your local people where and when you can. Personally I wouldn't have a problem buying boots off the Internet, but other gear might be a bit dodgy unless the companies concerned have a good returns policy. :)

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #4 (Edited)
john said:
I agree with Mika on this one. I know you guys in the States have far greater distances between Retailers than here in the UK where just about everything is within a 300 mile radius, but my motto is support your local people where and when you can. Personally I wouldn't have a problem buying boots off the Internet, but other gear might be a bit dodgy unless the companies concerned have a good returns policy. :)
This is exactly the issue. I love to support my local guy's and continue to do so regularly. But the fact of the matter is, when it comes to Italian made gear, my local guy only carries a limited supply (mostly Ducati leathers) and does not reorder once the season starts. So unless I want to were the name of another bike manufacture on me I need to start looking at other options. At least as a fall back for when my local guy doesn't have what I'm looking for. Oh by the way, he :wtf: does have one (1) pair of Sidi's, but it's not the pair that I think any of us would go riding with. :wtf:

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
The only local guys to me are Cycle Gear. But the other shops, after ownership got bought, I no longer goto them as they guys are somewhat sketchy. if it were under the same ownership, I wouldn't hesitate to put my Brutale in the hands of the mechanic, who was my sisters good friend. He has a TL that has over 100K miles, and will absolutely demolish most everything on the road/track. :later: Guy is probably the best rider in town too.

But Cycle gear, I would goto them, as the staff is cool and all, but god damn are thier prices high. I can get the same stuff online for like $150+ cheaper in most cases, and that's including shipping. They do however have a great return policy on gear and helmets, until you have to special order something (which in our bikes' case is the norm)...then they're just a trainwreck to deal with.

I'm all for "support your locals", but when the gap is that large...it's a little hard to swallow justifying it.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Yeah I hear that oicdn, but in my case it wasn't so much the price, but more so a supply issue- which brings me back to the orginal question. Who are the best suppliers for top euro gear? Here in the states, internet, or otherwise.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Umm...what constitutes Euro Gear? I know MotoGP and Spyke are semi-available from most shops. Lookwell gear, you have to contact one of thier suppliers, but it's fairly easy.

Although, I'm completely clueless to what constitues Euro gear, as I'm just basing the gear I see in the MotoGP races. Aside from Alpinestars and Dainese, your other brands are MotoGP, Gaerne, Lookwell, Spyke and some others I can't remember are decently available, and you can actually order them from places like Cycle Gear and your local performance shops....but again, it's a special order, and who knows how that shit goes...

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Dainese Gear

After a long and arduous search I finally ordered my winter gear. Most of my current stuff is from Dainese and I like their quality. So I was keen on buy my winter stuff from them as well. The problem was finding someone that carried the stuff and had the items in stock. I ended up finding the items I wanted at the Motshop on-line or motshop.de I'll let you guy's know how it works out. :yo:

·
Registered
431 Posts
For Dainese it's hard to beat bimoto.be, even in the States. He ships quickly, at fair prices, and has always done everything he could to make my purchases smooth and easy. Of course...you'd better be sure of your size.

·
Registered
1,125 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
giomanach said:
For Dainese it's hard to beat bimoto.be, even in the States. He ships quickly, at fair prices, and has always done everything he could to make my purchases smooth and easy. Of course...you'd better be sure of your size.
Yeah I someonelse mentioned them and I did try them but they also didn't have the items I wanted in my size.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts