MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Even thought I bought MV I still cannot get over the high prices for parts... and me being broke and having to do this...

I mean $120 and more for frame sliders??? peice of plastic and a bolt?? common!!!

so, I am shopping around... looking for deals and all this is best that i found so far

Brutale 750/910 tops/fronts (Front engine mount / No mods) -CP0131BL $100.00
Brutale 750/910 lowers/rear (Rear engine mount / No mods) -CP0132BL $107.00
Rear spindle slider -SS0002BK $46.00
Front fork protector -FP0019BK $46.00
Bar end sliders -BE0011BK $38.00

from www.ema-usa.com

·
Registered
431 Posts
ks9mm,

It's the same way if you buy a boat or a Ferarri or any "exotic." Even when it's the same part that's manufactured for bikes with massive production runs they'll charge you a fortune because it's tagged for your MV.

Take the fuel quick connect fittings for example. At the Ducati/MV dealer they had ONE in stock (even though it's a known failure part) and they wanted $40 for it. At the Triumph dealer they keep a box of them on the counter and they sell for $6 each. I ordered some chrome plated brass units from omega engineering at $11 a pop.

OEM turn signals are what...$35 each? Buell signals are made with more parts from more complicated molds and sell for $6.25.

It's all what the market will bear. Either get over it and bite the bullet, or order some sliders for another bike and then find the bolts to mount them. Personally, I've got some GSXR sliders sitting in the shop I'm thinking of trying to mount.

·
Registered
154 Posts
It really has to do with volume. MV aftermarket parts are not high-volume items so prices reflect that. Frame sliders for Yamaha are like what, $50-75? For MV, it's in excess of $200. Wait until your 600 mi. service.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
herrsonic said:
It really has to do with volume. MV aftermarket parts are not high-volume items so prices reflect that. Frame sliders for Yamaha are like what, $50-75? For MV, it's in excess of $200. Wait until your 600 mi. service.

he he...

my 600 mile service is free!!! part of the deal.

·
Registered
431 Posts
Hey. Those rearsets look GREAT! I think I'm glad I waited. I was looking at the cyclecat units, but for a bunch less money the motovation units look good.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
I'm usually ALL FOR crash protection. All of my bikes had every slider available.

But with this bike...it's a bit different. Honestly, I think they're moot and kinda a waste. They're really only great for if/when you drop it in teh garage...I had mine on it's side in the garage....nothing that won't "buff out" for the most part. I'de still rather have teh scratches over having paid $500 for all sliders...

The parts to replace on this bike will almost definitly total it out. Even with sliders, all it takes is a busted rim, scratched swingarm and a tank, and right there, labor plus cost of parts totals it out. Not to mention, if the frame even gets the paint knicked...automatic total. Frame compromise is what the insurance companies call it. Regardless of how slight the damage. If the paint is marred, it's considered toast as there's no way to be sure of the integrity...

How am I sure on this? My buddy had a Monster, with a 25MPH lowside. All the damage was, was a bar-end slider, exhaust, mirror, clutch lever, SLIGHT rash on the fork lower (I'm talkin SUPER MINOR, basicly, the paint was rubbed off showing bare metal), and a dented/rashed tank. They totalled out the bike on 6 things...and all the things were easily sourcable and very minor. All that slider money was money down the drain...

So do I think it's worth it? Probably not. The tank is a given...but if the forks or swingarm are even touched...goodbye. And if you have a wreck to where you NEED sliders, chances are, the bike is gonna be totalled anyhow. Jap bikes, you can damage everything and still not total it out, so they're worth having on a bike like that...but a Brutale, a waste IMO.

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
oicdn said:
I'm usually ALL FOR crash protection. All of my bikes had every slider available.

But with this bike...it's a bit different. Honestly, I think they're moot and kinda a waste. They're really only great for if/when you drop it in teh garage...I had mine on it's side in the garage....nothing that won't "buff out" for the most part. I'de still rather have teh scratches over having paid $500 for all sliders...

The parts to replace on this bike will almost definitly total it out. Even with sliders, all it takes is a busted rim, scratched swingarm and a tank, and right there, labor plus cost of parts totals it out. Not to mention, if the frame even gets the paint knicked...automatic total. Frame compromise is what the insurance companies call it. Regardless of how slight the damage. If the paint is marred, it's considered toast as there's no way to be sure of the integrity...

How am I sure on this? My buddy had a Monster, with a 25MPH lowside. All the damage was, was a bar-end slider, exhaust, mirror, clutch lever, SLIGHT rash on the fork lower (I'm talkin SUPER MINOR, basicly, the paint was rubbed off showing bare metal), and a dented/rashed tank. They totalled out the bike on 6 things...and all the things were easily sourcable and very minor. All that slider money was money down the drain...

So do I think it's worth it? Probably not. The tank is a given...but if the forks or swingarm are even touched...goodbye. And if you have a wreck to where you NEED sliders, chances are, the bike is gonna be totalled anyhow. Jap bikes, you can damage everything and still not total it out, so they're worth having on a bike like that...but a Brutale, a waste IMO.

good point!!!
but I dont have collision insurance on my bike...and not willing to compromise my insurace rating with totaling the bike for few scratches..

·
Registered
78 Posts
ks9mm said:
Even thought I bought MV I still cannot get over the high prices for parts... and me being broke and having to do this...

I mean $120 and more for frame sliders??? peice of plastic and a bolt?? common!!!

so, I am shopping around... looking for deals and all this is best that i found so far

Brutale 750/910 tops/fronts (Front engine mount / No mods) -CP0131BL $100.00
Brutale 750/910 lowers/rear (Rear engine mount / No mods) -CP0132BL $107.00
Rear spindle slider -SS0002BK $46.00
Front fork protector -FP0019BK $46.00
Bar end sliders -BE0011BK $38.00

from www.ema-usa.com

Just comparing the Emoto pricing, these prices are higher unless I am not calculating correctly. Should be about 280.00 US for all this

Part No. Product Description Quantity Price Remove
CP0131BL/CP0132BL MV Agusta Brutale - R&G Crash Protectors - Full Set (Fronts & Rears) 129.95/ea
FP0019BK MV Agusta Brutale - R&G Fork Protectors 29.49/ea
SS0002BK MV Agusta Brutale - R&G Rear Spindle Sliders 29.49/ea
GER-MVBF01 MV Agusta Brutale - Frame Protectors (pair) 32.99/ea
SUBTOTAL 221.92
SHIPPING
ZONE United Kingdom

·
Registered
304 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
juice it said:
Just comparing the Emoto pricing, these prices are higher unless I am not calculating correctly. Should be about 280.00 US for all this

Part No. Product Description Quantity Price Remove
CP0131BL/CP0132BL MV Agusta Brutale - R&G Crash Protectors - Full Set (Fronts & Rears) 129.95/ea
FP0019BK MV Agusta Brutale - R&G Fork Protectors 29.49/ea
SS0002BK MV Agusta Brutale - R&G Rear Spindle Sliders 29.49/ea
GER-MVBF01 MV Agusta Brutale - Frame Protectors (pair) 32.99/ea
SUBTOTAL 221.92
SHIPPING
ZONE United Kingdom

1 British pound = 1.8975 U.S. dollar

so 188UK = $357 + shipping.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts