MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
1,355 Posts
Hey all, looking at getting another helmet.
Does anyone have any experience with the Shoei XR1100?
Noise, comfort etc?
The mighty Sea Eagle runs an 1100...there is so much to be said about lids. I used to think I wanted an Arai, and then as my AGV has canged shape a little, I am not so sure...exciting stuff though looking for a new helmet, ssssoooo much choice!!!

·
Registered
647 Posts
Dan the Shoei XR1100 is my first after a line of AGV's and to be honest, there's not alot of difference in quality. The Shoei's marginally quieter with better bluetooth headset options (but on that note i haven't seen the very latest AGV interior which might have changed since my last).

They're nice lids for sure but you'll get the same quality in and AGV or even a Shark IMO :)

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
Noise, comfort etc?

For some reason, this helmet (japanese) is not available here (japan).

What is your previous helmet? The one turn off with new shoei's is that the old visors (x-11, rf-1000) don't work with the new lids.

·
Registered
296 Posts
Noise, comfort etc?
Yes, I bought one 8 months ago and love it.

Fit is a personal thing but mine suits me well with the mid size check pad. The ventilation is great, very comfortable on some full day rides on the hottest days of last summer.

I find it a little noisier than my older model Shoei but I think thats down to the air vents.

Over here they come with a pinlock visor which is a plus.

I looked at Arai (40% more expensive) and Shark (well priced but fit didn't suit me and not convinced about the looks).

Hope that helps.

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks for that.

I just picked up the brand new Shoei XR1100 this evening from the shop. Haven't been able to take it out on the road as yet, but I'm bloody happy with it so far!!
The finishh on it is brilliant, actually has a metalic fleck through the paint - a really nice touch. Fits me better than the Shark RSI that I'm replacing.

Attachments

·
Registered
172 Posts
Dan, nice XR1100. What is the name though for the one you picked-up? I ask for I haven't seen this color-combo before and I like it. Will go great with my MV Racing Suit and F4. :)

·
Registered
121 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
1 - 10 of 10 Posts