MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, after 4 years and 3 motorbikes it's happened: a car hits me friday. :bawling:
Red traffic light, I stop, she arrives at my back and...didn't saw me, didn' t saw the ULTRAred traffic light. BOOM! :jsm:
I don't even fell from the bike, I just tried to keep it up..up..up but she landed on the right side, as "smoothly" as I could but:
- plateholder completely ripped off (the curious thing is that blinkers are perfect, didn't broke anything;
- right footrest gone (but footrest guard didn't even scratched)
- back brake leverage gone
- front brake leverage broke at 3/4
- right central fairing scratched and got little hole right in the middle (but THANK GOD I still have racing fiberglass fairing ON :loser: )
- small scratching on rightsides of tail and front
- top right blinker bended in so it didn't broke too...

The girl (...) said "well maybe I can arrange to pay you all repairing without insurance, if it's aroung 1000euros".
A guy that helped me bringin up the bike look at her and replied: "Do you know what motorbike you've just hit? Only the footrest costs 200euros, you BETTER let your insurance pay all..."

After all everything went better than it could, considering the big hit, I went home riding my "wounded baby" with the right foot upon the fairing and the plate inside the jacket.
MV's are tough machines :smoking:

p.s. it wasn't a Volvo :laughing:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
For sure guys, it could have been worst and I'm aware of this.
I didn't loose my calm after the hit, I was safe, I just wanted to pull up the bike and see the damages...

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
glad you're not hurt.

sucks that your bike is beat up. but i'm sure you'll have it back to 100% in no time!

funny story about that guy that helped you. here in the USA, nobody knows what an MV is. it would be really unlikey for that to happen here.

but the best part is that you rode it home! damn, that bike is tough!

alex

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
Just make sure you get the bike check out thoroughly rather than taking a visual estimate of the damage. If she hit you from behind I'm assuming she hit into your back wheel, so you may have anything from a slightly dented rim, to busted bearings, bent axle, swing arm bushings, etc.

Si

·
Not very lucky..
1,431 Posts
Glad to hear you are fine Flaming! :guitarist Keep us posted with how the repairs go and keep an eye out for how you feel in the next days or weeks, injuries can sometimes creep up on you.

·
Registered
8,860 Posts
Glad you weren't injured, but as Darkside says, be sure to get any aches or pains checked up. Goodluck with all of the repairs, and hope it is speedy to get your love back on the road

·
MV Cellist
4,595 Posts
Sorry to hear that, Faming, you may remember I had a similar situation happened to me a few month ago except it was intentional road rage.

I am most glad to heat that you are ok, and it's great that the bike is not badly damamged, sounds like you should be able to get the bike back to the way it was soon.

good luck.

·
Registered
140 Posts
wow!

Glad you're ok. Bikes can always be replaced or repaired.

Had the exact thing happen to me on my Aprilia Mille R.

Stationary at a stoplight and got hit by a sorority girl talking on her cell. She was still yakking when she got out all distraught and crying to her friend on the phone that she had just ran a motorcyclist down. I flew over the handlbars, tucked and tmbled and ruined my new custom painted helmet. Needless to say the bike was totalled. Good thing there was no oncoming traffic.

·
Registered
3,255 Posts
glad to hear you are ok, and your are in good spirits. may not have been if you had the stocker fairings on eh? nothing sucks more than an accident that you had abosultely nothing to do with. no chance to avoid or nothing. you can't even blame yourself. the funny thing about your post was what the guy said regarding "do you know what kind of motorcycle you just hit"? i wonder if that statement caused her heart to skip for a moment. you should have seconded it by saying it was made by ferrarri and watched her eyebrows leap off her skull. :laughing:

·
Registered
403 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Thank you all guys, I'm truly fine, I'm an italian tough machine too :smoking:

Of course I'll make my mech check all the rear of the bike to see if there are internal damages...who knows...maybe I'll have the chance to BADLY need a new Ohlins mono :naughty:
He's really the best in northern Italy on MV and he's a close friend of mine, I guess he'll make her up better than before.

I guess that girl's boyfriend that came to take her home understood wich bike she hits. Her glance said it all. :stickpoke

·
Registered
645 Posts
Glad to hear your ok! Could have been a lot worse! At least their was no damage to you and you should be able to get parts faster being that your in Italy.

·
Registered
144 Posts
I too, am glad that you weren't hurt. Well, what can you say, it's a part of life. Put it back together and ride on....

1 - 20 of 23 Posts