MV Agusta Forum banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I recently purchased an 2021 MV. Unfortunately it's on the other side of the country (CA), while I'm in NC. The dealer I purchased from is handling the shipping, and it's being done through Haul Bikes (yes, I'm scared AF after reading the reviews). The shipping time "quoted" doesn't bother me too much (3-4 weeks), but after reading the reviews, I'll be lucky to get it in 2 months time! But even then, I can wait......

What I'm really worried about is the battery. Obviously the shipper isn't going to put a tender on it. And it appears from reading, that the batteries on these bikes peter out in like 2-3 weeks of non-use. I've owned a couple of MV's in the past, but not for very long, and they were always on a tender when parked. I honestly do not know if there is like a "cut-off" for the battery or what. Anything I can tell the dealer to do before the bike is picked up by the shipper to help with this issue? I'm really worried the bike is going to be dead on arrival.

· Registered
Mv Agusta Dragster RR 2019, Mv Agusta Turismo Veloce Lusso 2020
253 Posts
So I recently purchased an 2021 MV. Unfortunately it's on the other side of the country (CA), while I'm in NC. The dealer I purchased from is handling the shipping, and it's being done through Haul Bikes (yes, I'm scared AF after reading the reviews). The shipping time "quoted" doesn't bother me too much (3-4 weeks), but after reading the reviews, I'll be lucky to get it in 2 months time! But even then, I can wait......

What I'm really worried about is the battery. Obviously the shipper isn't going to put a tender on it. And it appears from reading, that the batteries on these bikes peter out in like 2-3 weeks of non-use. I've owned a couple of MV's in the past, but not for very long, and they were always on a tender when parked. I honestly do not know if there is like a "cut-off" for the battery or what. Anything I can tell the dealer to do before the bike is picked up by the shipper to help with this issue? I'm really worried the bike is going to be dead on arrival.
Hello!!
Or you can choose the company to ship the bike with...
I just got my bike from Las Vegas to NYC in 10 days using this company....Really top notch service for me!!!
Here is the contact, if you like...

Judy Gordon
Motorcycle Logistics Coordinator
Federal Motorcycle Transport
866-603-3028 press 3
309-550-7571 Direct Dial
[email protected]
www.funtransport.com

· Registered
1,005 Posts
I recently shipped my Dragster RR from TX to PA. If you go to the right side, under a plastic cover, you will find two 40 amp fuses. Pull the top one and keep it with you. That will stop the parasitic drain. Then, when you are ready to ride, simply replace. No dealer needed. I recommend a fully charged battery before shipping.

Search the forum, you will find my thread on bike shipping. Good luck!

• Helpful
Reactions: esq'z me

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Hello!!
Or you can choose the company to ship the bike with...
I just got my bike from Las Vegas to NYC in 10 days using this company....Really top notch service for me!!!
Here is the contact, if you like...

Judy Gordon
Motorcycle Logistics Coordinator
Federal Motorcycle Transport
866-603-3028 press 3
309-550-7571 Direct Dial
[email protected]
www.funtransport.com
I wanted to say thank you for offering this shipping company and review! I ended up cancelling the shipment with Haul Bikes, after talking with Judy. :) She's awesome. Very professional, prompt, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful. I did not get a refund from Haul Bikes (dealership paid), so I had to fork out the payment out of pocket. And even though it was a bit more expensive, I couldn't be happier with the service. I elected to pick it up at one of their warehouses instead of having it shipped to my house. Saved 2 weeks in transit, AND they got it there 2 days early! So, they picked it up super quick, and ON the day they said they would...AND it didn't take long at all to make it from CA to NC, as well as being 2 days early. Couldn't ask for better service. So, thank you very much for the advice. It payed off. :) Currently, I'm trying to find a way to go pick it up. Probably have to rent a motorcycle trailer from u-haul, and go get it later this week. Seriously cannot wait to get my hands on the bike.

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I recently shipped my Dragster RR from TX to PA. If you go to the right side, under a plastic cover, you will find two 40 amp fuses. Pull the top one and keep it with you. That will stop the parasitic drain. Then, when you are ready to ride, simply replace. No dealer needed. I recommend a fully charged battery before shipping.

Search the forum, you will find my thread on bike shipping. Good luck!
I asked the dealership to remove that fuse. I'm not sure if they did though, each time I asked, they said they would ask the tech and call me back. They never did call back. I'm assuming they did not remove it, which should be ok I think since it wasn't in transit very long. So I planned on taking some extra fuses with me when I go pick it up from the shippers warehouse, incase. I assume it's the typical fuses you'd get at a car parts store, right? And are we sure it's a 40 amp? The picture above is showing what looks like a 30 amp.

· Registered
253 Posts
I wanted to say thank you for offering this shipping company and review! I ended up cancelling the shipment with Haul Bikes, after talking with Judy. :) She's awesome. Very professional, prompt, knowledgeable, and extremely helpful. I did not get a refund from Haul Bikes (dealership paid), so I had to fork out the payment out of pocket. And even though it was a bit more expensive, I couldn't be happier with the service. I elected to pick it up at one of their warehouses instead of having it shipped to my house. Saved 2 weeks in transit, AND they got it there 2 days early! So, they picked it up super quick, and ON the day they said they would...AND it didn't take long at all to make it from CA to NC, as well as being 2 days early. Couldn't ask for better service. So, thank you very much for the advice. It payed off. :) Currently, I'm trying to find a way to go pick it up. Probably have to rent a motorcycle trailer from u-haul, and go get it later this week. Seriously cannot wait to get my hands on the bike.
Hello!!
I am happy that I could help....!!!
Although I don't understand why to ship it to your house would have taken 2 weeks longer?? Was it because of bad weather? And you have to rent a trailer?:oops: But if you are happy, we all are...!!:p
It literally took 10 TOTAL days for me from Las Vegas To New York City

· Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Hello!!
I am happy that I could help....!!!
Although I don't understand why to ship it to your house would have taken 2 weeks longer?? Was it because of bad weather? And you have to rent a trailer?:oops: But if you are happy, we all are...!!:p
It literally took 10 TOTAL days for me from Las Vegas To New York City
Actually, I'm not sure why the extra time was quoted. I've called Judy again to see if/when they can bring the bike to me. I'm about 3 hours away from the warehouse. As for the trailer situation....yeah I'm not riding in the winter lol. I don't have the warm gear to do so, it's just something I don't do. I will take it out for a quick ride on the first warm day we get though. I also currently do not have a truck to put the bike in the back of. Just an escalade. Truck is in the works though! Just gotta sell one of my vettes lol. Wanna buy an 800hp manual C7 Z06? haha

· Registered
253 Posts
Actually, I'm not sure why the extra time was quoted. I've called Judy again to see if/when they can bring the bike to me. I'm about 3 hours away from the warehouse. As for the trailer situation....yeah I'm not riding in the winter lol. I don't have the warm gear to do so, it's just something I don't do. I will take it out for a quick ride on the first warm day we get though. I also currently do not have a truck to put the bike in the back of. Just an escalade. Truck is in the works though! Just gotta sell one of my vettes lol. Wanna buy an 800hp manual C7 Z06? haha
Nah...I also like my car toys to be...ITalian!!! hahahaha

1 - 12 of 12 Posts