MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
have any of you in the USA had problems with getting stuff from the european venders on this site due to customs?i ask bc i ordered from a EU vender here and UPS put the package through customs where its now held indefinitely and there is nothing you can do as of right now.what has been your experience and what can be done if you fixed it?thanks.

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
What do you mean it's been held indefinitely, is that what they told you, in writing? What was it you ordered? And who did you order from ? Some more info and you might get some more help, if you know what I mean. Over here some parts are held till you pay import or Customs fee's, like for leathers or some X-haust parts, once you pay you get the parts, how can they just hold it for no reason man.

·
Registered
456 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
apparently the shipper of the parts in the eu has to put a tracer on the ups package as usa customs needs more paperwork done by the shipper so for now its somewhere in germany.

basically i can't as the recipient even pay any of the customs fees as the only person that can now find the package and do any of the paperwork is the shipper not the recipient.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
?

roadbiking;
no problems ever......i ship for my business and people on 3 forums
i have 2 shipping clipboards, national and world wide

have the shipper give you the German Custom's ID number, its on the package and scanned everywhere it goes, then go to USPS tracking and put the number in if its here its in Jamaica Bay, New York sitting in plain sight.......ask me how i know, i had an out bound there for 29 days ...... you don't need a 'tracking' number, all international packages are tracked by the Custom's numbers

UPS/Fed Ex/ DHL SUCK hind tit.....
1st they are $100 a fucking pound:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

the other side of the coin is if you ship stuff internationally with UPS/Fed Ex/ DHL.....in foreign countries......if you are willing to pay $100/lb......they will fuck the recipient on duty:wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf::wtf:

and they are slower than the Post Office by ~3 times

my slowest package from Europe was an MV jacket from Italy around Xmas.......7 days:drummer::drummer:

·
Registered
871 Posts
I have only had to pay excise on 1 order from Italy because it was over $500. There is stricter rules on clothing than electronics, it was held by FedEx until I called them back to tell them what the shirt was made of and where it was made. I guessed. They sent it on to me and billed me the $21 or whatever it was. I have gotten items from the UK on maybe 3 occasions, never a delay or issue. Not sure what to tell you.

·
Registered
322 Posts
no issues to Canada through UPS. I just got a package from StarTwin, 3 days from the time he shipped it until I had it im my hands. I only had to pay $21.00 in taxes.

·
Registered
14,569 Posts
Duty?

I repeat.....

you use UPS/FedEx/DHL ect

you will more than likely pay duty........they figure if you are willing to pay $100 per pound you have some extra money they want

I've been shipping/receiving stuff since '75 never paid a dime except when I was a returning serviceman from Germany

i had my orders too....had to pay anyway

Mitch sent me 10 hubs in one box......didn't pay a dime......used the Post Office:drummer:

1 - 8 of 8 Posts