MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
5,076 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Unfortunately none of my neighbors have a Tambo for sale. The swine. So I'm going to have to go God knows where to get one and that may entail having the bike shipped by truck. I would like the benefit of your experience with and recommendations for a shipper.

Thanks

Lee

·
Registered
1,179 Posts
Depends how much you want to spend. Bulk shippers like Forward Air are just OK. They're cheap but can be a real PITA. Customer service is spotty, and the real uncontrolled variable is you're relying on the seller to prep and package your bike. The seller must drain the tank, take the bike to their location (hopefully without damaging it when he puts it on the trailer) supply tie downs and a lock and key. All take time and money. Also, the seller may be a great and trustworthy guy but he may have little or no experience in prepping a bike for shipping. And since all this is done by the seller, the shipping company assumes no responsibility for damage in transit or packing. Nice, huh?

At your end, you've got to go to their site when it's open to collect the thing and haul it home. If your not too particular about the care the bulk shippers provide (or not) and the hassle, they're cheap. At the other end of the spectrum are guys like this...

van dam trucking

Top shelf. Specializes in hauling collector and rare cars and bikes. Not the cheapest but he picks up your bike personally and will deliver it right to your door.

·
Registered
13,695 Posts
lee said:
Unfortunately none of my neighbors have a Tambo for sale. The swine. So I'm going to have to go God knows where to get one and that may entail having the bike shipped by truck. I would like the benefit of your experience with and recommendations for a shipper.

Thanks

Lee
Where are you located? In the U.S. I use D & K transportation services. Very (VERY) reasonable rates! Usually about $100 cheaper than the closest bid.

CAG

·
Registered
16 Posts
JC Motors shipping is my recommendation. I hear very good things about them from people who ship a lot of bikes.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts