MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 20 of 22 Posts

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Shinya Kimura is a Japanese custom bike builder that has set up shop in California. This is a build for a customer, 1974 MV 750S America with all new hand formed aluminum bodywork, balanced and blueprinted motor, and other custom touches. What do you guys think?

Dont see too many custom MV's, especially to this extent.

http://youtu.be/QUsq-PpwkKs

http://youtu.be/P1LIRtcupTs

http://youtu.be/6A2uoOG-vCc

Attachments

·
Registered
112 Posts
Discussion Starter #2
heres another shot while being built

Attachments

·
Registered
1,990 Posts
it is a cool looking bike.

·
Registered
298 Posts
Where's the "Like" button? Oops too much time spent on Facebook :)
I like it; Kimura-san does great work (Zero Eng/Samurai Choppers)

·
Registered
313 Posts
Custom work is very subjective.
He obviously has fantastic hand skills to be able to do this with aluminium.
This is very extreme and most won't appreciate his artform but rather see a classic MV that doesn't have it's classic bodywork anymore.
Myself I would prefer to see the MV left alone due to it's rarity and pick another motorcycle that isn't on the endangered spieces list.

·
Administrator
20,754 Posts
twizel, well said.
Agreed....Shinya's stuff is kind of rough looking in my opinion....fantastic details and craftsmanship, but not much in the way of appealing shape design. Should have done this with an old 1970's Z-1.

·
Registered
1,058 Posts
i recently saw a much nicer looking custom bike

·
Administrator
20,754 Posts
It's for sale.....send Lee a PM....he dragged the pegs around Little Tally proving the bike runs and handles well even if it does have limited ground clearance......

·
Registered
17,189 Posts
It's for sale.....send Lee a PM....he dragged the pegs around Little Tally proving the bike runs and handles well even if it does have limited ground clearance......

I tried to buy that ugly pig, but Lee gave my offer the middle finger......:naughty: that bike is spectacular, but you better have a left forearm like Hulk Hogan's in order to pull in the clutch. It's a real man's bike, and quite quick.

·
Registered
6,025 Posts
Shinya Kimura is a Japanese custom bike builder that has set up shop in California. This is a build for a customer, 1974 MV 750S America with all new hand formed aluminum bodywork, balanced and blueprinted motor, and other custom touches. What do you guys think?

It certainly doesn't do it for me Kyle ...................bit of a Frankenstein of a motorcycle IMHO.

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Waste of a great bike IMO. Ugly mofo too.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
I don't get it. Old drum brakes, spindly front forks and ugly as sin body work. Someone will like it.
Well that'll be me, cos I do.

That old drum on the front is no discount item - it was top quality in the day. The strange thing for me is the drum front/ disc rear combo.

Anyway, for me it's a clean looking job that resolves some common issues like hand clearance. We don't know the origin of the engine - I remember reading an article many years ago written by someone who 'ratted' an MV. Not artistically, just covered it with black underseal and ran it until it failed.

·
Registered
4,587 Posts
The work this man has done on this bike has unfortunately been lost on me. Each to his own I suppose but it's like drawing a moustache on a work of art thinking it's an improvement, and what a pity he picked this bike to do it to. An acquired taste for sure.......but would you take a Ferrari GTO and put 'flared arches' on it and paint 'flames' up the sides.....and think OH Yeah.... NOW it looks far better??.

1 - 20 of 22 Posts