MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I can't seem to find a good setting for the shifter position. The way it came stock, I had to pick my foot up too much to get it over the shifter for downshifts. I have moved it down, and now on upshifts it pinches my foot. I measured the distance between my shifter and peg, and notice it's 4.5" compared to 4.75" on my Monster (which I'm trying to replicate). Do I need a rearset?

The owners manual doesn't detail what is and isn't adjustable. Perhaps ther is more than one adjustment?? The adjustment I have been making is where the entire shifter comes off and you orient it around the splines according to your needs. sorry I should show pics of what I'm talking about but I'm at work.

·
Registered
774 Posts
Hi Mika,

I've had exactly the same problem when I bought my 910S. Finaly, I've found the right setting by playing on the footrest position and the shifter. Difficult to explain, but find on the pics below the position who's good for me. Try it and tell me if it's also good for you.

Attachments

·
Registered
735 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
is the peg position adjustable? I don't see where

·
Registered
774 Posts
Unlock the two "blue" screws and then by turning slowly with a flat screwdriver the big "red" piece, you adjust the place of the footpeg.

Of course this is only possible on a 910S. The 750 has fix footpeg.

Attachments

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
Olive said:
Unlock the two "blue" screws and then by turning slowly with a flat screwdriver the big "red" piece, you adjust the place of the footpeg.

Of course this is only possible on a 910S. The 750 has fix footpeg.

F4thou has same set up. I would take the whole assembly off and loosen the nut on the back of the rotary adjuster, it's easier to adjust the big red piece then, like Olivier says. :smoking:

·
Registered
1,937 Posts
Mika,

The toe-peg is on an eccentric itself. Loosen that bolt just connecting the rubber bit to the lever you rotated around the shifting shaft. It spins around to provide more or less room and also up or down. Rotate it around to find your fit.

I'd try that before the foog-peg eccentric but just my preference.

·
Registered
774 Posts
JamesC said:
Mika,

The toe-peg is on an eccentric itself. Loosen that bolt just connecting the rubber bit to the lever you rotated around the shifting shaft. It spins around to provide more or less room and also up or down. Rotate it around to find your fit.

I'd try that before the foog-peg eccentric but just my preference.
The green one !

Attachments

1 - 7 of 7 Posts