MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone done a shift lever adjustment? The bottom of the rod is the typical setup (10mm nut, 11mm end), but the top goes into the quick shift unit. It looks like it is a lock nut and threaded end, but it also has yellow paint marking the position from factory assembly so I didn't want to go messing about without double-checking with random strangers on the interwebs :D

I just need it raised about 1/8-1/4" to change my ankle angle.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
As far as I know, you loosen the two lock nuts at each end of the threaded rod (remember one is a left hand thread), turn the rod to adjust the location/height of the gear lever and then tighten the two lock nuts. Not quite sure of where the two lock nuts are as I don't have a quick shifter but the principle is the same. If you can't adjust the gear lever to the desired position then remove the gear linkage from the shaft and relocate it one or two knotches and then readjust the threaded rod. Remember that you need a few threads into the threaded rod or else it might fall out. check any nuts haven't come loose after a few kms just in case

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Yup, like that

But, because you have a QS too, the wire will wind up around the rod.
So, mark the position of the shift arm on the splines before you remove it at the top.

Attachments

·
Registered
2,213 Posts
But, because you have a QS too, the wire will wind up around the rod.

So, mark the position of the shift arm on the splines before you remove it at the top.

Excuse me if I'm being dumb here Donsy but if you loosen off the lock nuts at the bottom of the shift rod and the one below the quickshifter unit then when you turn the rod to make the adjustment it won't wrap the shifter wire around the rod?

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
Excuse me if I'm being dumb here Donsy but if you loosen off the lock nuts at the bottom of the shift rod and the one below the quickshifter unit then when you turn the rod to make the adjustment it won't wrap the shifter wire around the rod?
You're perfectly right Chris.
But I'd be reluctant to unwind it from the QS module, simply because you usualy have more spare thread on the rose joints side.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Adjusted mine some time ago simply loosen the locknuts top and bottom of the connecting rod and adjust accordingly.

·
Registered
261 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Looks to be easiest to do the lower half. The one thing that gave me pause was the yellow paint marking the bolt/nut position where it enters the QS module. Usually that's on pieces that I don't mess with. A man's gotta know his limitations ;)

·
Super Moderator
22,072 Posts
You only need to loosen the locknut below the QS module and the bottom locknut on the connecting / adjustment rod.
So how long is that thread on the QS module, anybody take a picture or checked ?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts