MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
800072826 Shift leaver return spring
Would anybody have one (preferably new) they are prepared to part with?
MV don't have stock in Aus and I don't really want to be without my bike for a couple of weeks while they get one in...:thewife:

Thanks
J

·
Registered
823 Posts
800072826 Shift leaver return spring
Would anybody have one (preferably new) they are prepared to part with?
MV don't have stock in Aus and I don't really want to be without my bike for a couple of weeks while they get one in...:thewife:

Thanks
J
J,

Get down to a bike (maybe car?) wreckers. They will have a box full of tension springs of different sizes. You may strike lucky and get one that's close. I found one that I just ground the arms down on. Wasn't perfect as the tension was a bit slack and shifting return wasn't crisp. Was good enough while I waited for a spring from Star Twin. I'll lend you mine if you're stuck. Pm me.

Cheers

Deano

·
Registered
248 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Found some :)

Thanks for the replies guys. Our friends at PFG had some so I bought a couple. :)
I thought while I had this apart I would tackle the gearbox bearings to hopefully sort out the whining (http://www.mvagusta.net/forum/showthread.php?t=67065). Other than the possable trouble removing the sprocket and clutch bolts are there any other problems I'm likely to encounter replacing the bearings? Do I definitely have to brake the chain? I've never done this before so i will need to buy a tool and replacement link I guess?
Thanks for your help
J

1 - 9 of 9 Posts