MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i should have posted this before, but oh well. anyways, my bike's leaking from the left side engine cover. the one that sticks out of the fairing. (i'm thinking it's the crank-case cover) it only leaks when i'm riding and it doesn't leak a lot of oil. the oil is dripping onto the body work. i was thinking the bolt was loose, which it was. i tightened it with a small socket, cleaned it up and tested it out. no bueno, still leaking:cussing: . anyone know the torque specs for these little bolts? i really don't want to snap the head off :jsm:.

·
Registered
1,560 Posts
J_Spec said:
i should have posted this before, but oh well. anyways, my bike's leaking from the left side engine cover. the one that sticks out of the fairing. (i'm thinking it's the crank-case cover) it only leaks when i'm riding and it doesn't leak a lot of oil. the oil is dripping onto the body work. i was thinking the bolt was loose, which it was. i tightened it with a small socket, cleaned it up and tested it out. no bueno, still leaking:cussing: . anyone know the torque specs for these little bolts? i really don't want to snap the head off :jsm:.
Not much. Snug. They aren't very big. Sorry I don't have more info.

You take that cover off to adjust the valves. If that's been done recently, you might need a new seal in there, or you can do like me and smear a little bit of grey sealant on it and it should be good after sitting overnight.

·
Registered
71 Posts
Looks like a simple fix. I purchased my bike about 3 months ago and found the same thing happening - not much though. The bike hadn't been riden in over a year. I had it checked when I got the oil changed and the mechanic was not too worried, he just cleaned up the area and put a little sealant like arcruhl stated. Works fine.

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
cool cool. thanks for the quick responses!

·
Registered
520 Posts
Torque Settings for cap bolts

If its the cover with F4 logo, I think its 10Nm
The attached PDF should help...
Tont

Attachments

·
Registered
2,431 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
that's the one! thanks for the helpful info!! do you have the entire .pdf for the bike? if so, i could really use it and save myself some ca$h!!

1 - 6 of 6 Posts