MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
I know you folks have seen a million of these, but I'm so stoked to have one in my shop. This gorgeous lady had an unfortunate and unplanned meeting with the back of a parked car that left her battered and broken up a bit. I just got her put together and had to share.

You might be interested in some of the non-oem parts. The headlight is not the same as the stocker, but kind of like the stocker on a diet. And it was a lot easier on the wallet.

Let me know what you think.

·
Registered
311 Posts
Is that a Suzuki Gladio headlight? Good job putting it back together, aside from the headlight and brackets you cant tell. What kind of exhaust is that? Haven't seen that one before on a brute, although I have seen a high mount that looked similar on a street triple.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
Thanks.

The headlight is from Speigler. Its called "Urban". I have an account with them and got it for my Speed Triple. I mocked it up on the Brute and liked it enough to go to the effort making brackets, etc.

I didn't want to say much about the exhaust. Its one of my own. I don't want to violate the forum rules on selling stuff. Besides, at least for the moment, its not a product--its one of a kind. The bike had a dual Arrow on it, but it seemed a bit inappropriate for a guy who has an exhaust business to be riding around with someone else's product on his bike!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It just occurred to me that, although I have a fair number of dumb/embarrassing moves on my resume, launching a very expensive Italian work of art into a parked car isn't one of them. That stunt was performed by a "friend" of the former owner.

That "friend", whoever and where ever he is, is pretty much my hero since he facilitated me picking this baby up for a song.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No need to be sorry Joe. I know how loyal the MV fans are to the original designs and Italian accessories, and justifiably so.

But I do love to tinker! I'm probably a little more like the Ducati guys, but man, there's just no motorcycle on the planet as beautiful as the MV.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Hi "oldsquid"

Great job restoring the beast :) i love the headlight... is that rear tyre 190 or more? it seems a little different than mine.. looks much thicker or im seeing wrong?? :)

·
Registered
287 Posts
Is that a chain reaction moto exhaust? seen them on the Triumphs they look good.

There you go I mentioned it now not you :naughty:

·
Registered
122 Posts
Looks good. I was thinking about putting some of those bar end signals on my bike. Where do you have the holes drilled for the wires?

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
looks neat, nice to see something different....

·
Registered
432 Posts
I like the total package.

Wish the muffler and mid pipe were the same color as the headers. :)

Love the bar end mirrors, gives it a real stealthy appeal. Nice touch to have the bar end turn signals, those are bright and functional. Seen them in operation in a video on this site somewhere.

Frame sliders and axle sliders! That's GREAT, reminds me that somebody is actually riding this bike and want's to protect it and themselves.

I like the headlight and the bracket. Can you post some pics of the light shining on a wall at night?

I like it alot.

What year is it? Is it a 910?

1 - 12 of 12 Posts