MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 16 of 16 Posts

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Ok. No powdercoat. I do all of my own paintwork using the high end PPG base coat/clear coats. It is a lot of work but the end result is worth it.
The red is a Ferrari red due to inavailability of legit codes from Agusta. Ducati codes are B.S. too.
The bike came with a bunch of preformance parts so I have not had to buy much. It came with the Ohlins unobtanium shock which I had rebuilt and replaced the spring because it was chipped up. I will replace the rotors because the stock ones are heavy and generally suck. We are the U.S. distributor for Alth who makes very good, WSB proven full floaters for the front. The bike came with three full systems, one of which is an RG3. I am vibe polishing it as I type. It is good to have access to a machine shop!
I have mounted our Cycle Cat adjustable bars on it. They look cool and due to a crash in the 80s, are mandatory on a sport bike for me. They rock!
I still have not committed to a paint scheem for the body work. Red and silver is hard to beat. Time will tell.

·
Living the Dream
2,762 Posts
I am absolutly jealous that you get to spend all that time working on your bike! there is nothing like spending a little quality time, nothing but you and your bike. Looking great so far, and cant wait to see the finished product.

on a side note: 100!!

·
Registered
975 Posts
great!!!!!!!!! impatient to see the result!!!!!!
you have the perfect base to make an "f4 challenge cup"

Attachments

·
Registered
65 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Damn, your on to me. The whole thing is a miniture.
But seriously, I usually use a model to work out paint scheems but have not had the time to assemble the freaking thing so I have been using the box as a reference because the picture is fairly large. The model came with the bike.

Chris

·
Registered
298 Posts
Damn, your on to me. The whole thing is a miniture.
But seriously, I usually use a model to work out paint scheems but have not had the time to assemble the freaking thing so I have been using the box as a reference because the picture is fairly large. The model came with the bike.

Chris
Ahh...old school eh Chris
Much better than them fan dangled computer-thinga-ma jiggies...
Keep posting them pics, can't wait for the finished product, love these Cinderella makeovers...
Hey, now there's a reality TV show I'd watch...MV Makeover!

1 - 16 of 16 Posts