MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all,
A little intro here as I am now the proud owner of a 2004 750 Brutale.

She is Candy, a naked stripper I picked up in Denver recently.
I found her on Craigslist, and as I live in S. Cal, it was an exciting deal. I booked a ticket to fly out the next day and rode her home Sunday, Monday and Tuesday. Scott, the seller was more than gracious and picked me up at the airport and even offered to put me up until the bank opened on Monday.

I know she is not an interstate dweller by design but I had to get her home. So the trip was good all the way and the looks on peoples faces as I was stuffing bubble wrap down my pants to save my ass was priceless! LOL You know what I mean if you have one of these.
I think I know how they picked the name Brutale.:)

The first day the suspension was set harsh and I softened that up in the motel the first night.
Over 100 degress coming in from St. George and Vegas was quite a challenge but glad to have her home.

Seems like a great community here and I will update profile stuff soon.

Cheers,
PS Life long motor-man, recently sold, triumph Tiger 1050.

ZZ

·
Super Moderator
7,346 Posts
Welcome to the forum!
Maybe consider putting that 750 Brutie in the owners register then start up a photo album, so we can see this pride and joy.
Dave.

·
Administrator
20,093 Posts
The Z-Man has arrived !!!!!

I know this guy.....dangerous fellow. Once caught him in the act of burning off the rear tire of his Sportster at the Boothill Saloon during Daytona Bike Week. :wtf:

and you thought that story would eventually die, didn't you!!! :stickpoke

Welcome to the family ZZ :yo:

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Geez Ed, thought you were going to spill the beans about my 40th birthday party for a second there. That sporty was hard on rear tires for sure. LOL

Glad I took your advice and am really enjoying Candy. She goes like a raped ape! I will take some pics this weekend.

·
Registered
2,502 Posts
Welcome to the family ZZ - although now that we know you know "the Ed", it's a short journey to the abyss :)

you've probably done your research, but did the seller replace the SPU (Service Power Unit) on 'Candy' ? It so, brilliant, if not....it will probably be the first thing that interrupts your joy for a short while ...unfortunately the 04-07 has a bad history...especially the earlier ones. Do a search on SPU and it will give you the lowdown.

Welcome again
Cheers

·
The Dude
5,041 Posts
welcome dude!

I'm interested to hear about the Tiger tho.... :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Thanks all, I will research the SPU for sure. I had the pleasure of working for Ed for several years.

The Tiger is an excellent machine also but for my use, too large. I only got to take it on one long journey in two years (up the CA coast to Alice's from S. Cal) so I wanted a more compact machine. I always have felt bikes I have owned larger than 750 seemed too big and smaller too small or lacking torque. So like the goldilocks story, this one should be just right. If it had a belt drive it would be perrrrfect.

Street triple was my other possible and they are hard to find at a fair price right now since the new ones are not out so much and have ugly headlights so the older ones are pretty expensive in the resale market.

Good holiday weekend to all!

PS, Don't believe anything Ed tells you about me at a certain dealer meeting in Palm Springs. :)

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Thanks CAG, too bad about that SPU, they are not cheap from what I see here. I peeked at mine with a small inspection mirror and flashlight after reading your post. I didn't see any blue and it made it across the desert in the heat a few days ago and it passed the sniff test (no burnt smell in the fuse area) so I am going to keep riding and hope for the best. An yes, I am too lazy to take the tank off to have a proper look. lol

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
It is great up there as you know. Nice and cool and a fun place to "refuel". I may have to go back as I have a week off next month.

Z

·
Registered
119 Posts
Grats on the bike! Beauty. Im in socal also, we should def ride down pch sometime with these supermodels :D

1 - 14 of 14 Posts