MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I will no doubt get into trouble for this, not least because it's in the wrong section really.

HOWEVER!

I will plug this for three main reasons.

1. Because it is bloody great and by far the best publication on the market for us Italian Motorcycle lost causes!

2. It is run by a great friend who is the most passionate person around when it comes to true Italian motorcycling.

3. Last but not least it features my bikes from time to time:)

The lastest edition of ItalianMotorMagazine is now out!

http://www.italianmotormagazine.com...rcycle_magazine_-_ITALIAN_MOTOR_MAGAZINE.html

Go buy it, better still buy a subscription, and say i sent you.

Dorian.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
Already subscribed and received Italian Motor #5.

Those who are interested in classic Italian bikes may also be interested in some back issues of Benzina, another British publication. It's quirky but good. Greg, the publisher, editor, dogs body of Benzina has indicated he may do another edition (time, family and financial returns meant he stopped publication at #10). Without support, Italian Motor may also have a limited life which will be a pity as it is the only English language publication devoted to Italian bikes that I know of.

Also worth checking out the blogs for both.

·
Registered
1,762 Posts
I just finished reading Italian Motor #5 and noticed Dorian has his picture in it. He'd just 'mega' heated some cases to split them on an old MV of Adam's. Still think the mini bike pic is best.

cheers

·
Registered
576 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Yes that 175 engine featured in the mag and owned by the Editor was a bit of a struggle.

Typical Italian really, no maintanance and abused it's entire life. Boy was it hard to get the front sprocket off and as you say the cases resisted, but we got there in the end.

Trying to source the 2 fibre/plastic gears for the cam and oil pump drive at the moment. Why MV started to use these gears is a mystery. There on the Raid, 175 AB and the Tevere bikes and they all just break up due to age and oil contamination.

Thanks for your remarks Russ re the Mag and your spot on, if folk like us don't support these mags they will not continue.

Dorian

·
Registered
1,299 Posts
Just ordered first four issues. Looks like a great mag

·
Cyber SPOTTER
6,101 Posts
For this one, I may have to break my life long practice of not subscribing to magazines. :)

1 - 8 of 8 Posts