MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
57 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Nichols (in Milpitas) does a stellar job with their Ducati service. Have you guys brought in your MVs to them?

I'd rather not pay more for a dealer for a crappy but expenisve job.

When I called Nichols, Jim answered the phone. He candidly told me that MVs are not their speciality, but they have worked on them. They know Ducati's inside out, so they are aware of all the issues with them. For the MVs due to limited quantities, they can go ahead and do a service, but will not be aware of specific little issues.

It's quite refreshing for a shop to be straight forward about it.

DO

·
Registered
106 Posts
actionong said:
Nichols (in Milpitas) does a stellar job with their Ducati service. Have you guys brought in your MVs to them?

I'd rather not pay more for a dealer for a crappy but expenisve job.

When I called Nichols, Jim answered the phone. He candidly told me that MVs are not their speciality, but they have worked on them. They know Ducati's inside out, so they are aware of all the issues with them. For the MVs due to limited quantities, they can go ahead and do a service, but will not be aware of specific little issues.

It's quite refreshing for a shop to be straight forward about it.

DO
Straight-forward,yes. Confidence inspiring, no.

·
Registered
968 Posts
Something to take into consideration is that if they don't work on MV's often, it will take them longer as they won't be doing the work from memory (I'm assuming they charge by the hour).

1 - 6 of 6 Posts