MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone take out the servo motor to the exhaust flap. I've done it on my RSV4 without any codes. Can it be done on this bike without issues? The reason I ask is that I'd like to purchase track fairings and there's not attachment point for the servo. Thanks.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Yes, I have the same issue as I replaced my stock bodywork with Sharkskinz. We created a bracket to remount the servo motor on the engine, but in the process had disconnected the cables and set off the error code in the dash. It runs fine (exhaust flap is always wide open), but the yellow dash light is always on and an "Exhaust Valve Malfunction" shows on the dash. Also, because the error code was tripped, I can't make any electronics adjustments.
The proper solution is an ECU re-flash, which I will do as soon as I replace the exhaust system. I understand Rexxer has a revised ECU for this model available now.

·
Registered
169 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Sorry to bring this back up. Anyone know if I can disconnect the servo cables and keep the motor connected so no error code?

·
Registered
408 Posts
if you disconnect the servo cables at the exhaust valve there is no error code on the dash, make sure you wire the valve fully open, sounds better on the overrun too

·
Super Moderator
22,070 Posts
Took cables off. Any idea on how to complete the circuit and remove the servo motor all together?
I don't think you can do this without using the "race" ECU.

·
Super Moderator
22,111 Posts
The cables come off at the servo end also. Just leave the servo in place. That is what I did on my 1090RR.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts