MV Agusta Forum banner

21 - 40 of 40 Posts

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #23
Emailed the guys at TRAFFICC and got a pretty prompt reply - they seem to be pretty efficient, so I have confidence in them. Unfortunately, there hasn't been much movement on this issue in the last couple of weeks. Replay as follows:

Good Day Mr Poulsen,

All is well, thank you.

Traficc have vigorously been in communication with various motorcycle workshops including MV Agusta Italy, unfortunately to date MV Agusta Italy have not provided an overall solution.

Italian affiliated motorcycle workshops at this stage are limited. In and around the Northern Suburbs of Gauteng, the current option regarding MV Agusta bikes would be Fire It Up – Fourways.

Traficc shall best endeavour to provide assistance in this regard as soon as adequate furnishment has been received directly from MV Agusta Italy.

Please feel free to contact Traficc should you require further assistance.

Kind regards,

Kirk Pietersen

·
Registered
33 Posts
Great, keep us informed.

I just realised that Aprilia , Norton and Beta owners are in the same boat as Cayanne was the sole importer for them as well.

Wonder if Fireitup would consider taking up those franchises as Craig had great experience with those brands.

*Just sent Berto at Fireitup an email, lets see what he says...

As a former Aprilia owner this was always the problem ! Cayanne ruled the roost.

Fire It Up has a mechanic or two that was apparently trained by MV Agusta according to Berto, so they are definitly a good option.Would be ideal if Craig became the importer.Maybe he could open up those old ties where certain italian spares piggy backed on Kawasaki .

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #25
A bit of an update regarding the warranty issue, finally. My radiator sprung a leak (a fairly common occurrence from what I've read here), so I contacted TRAFICC about it and they have organised for Fire It Up to process the warranty claim - thankfully.

This was only late yesterday afternoon, so still waiting for the appropriate person at Fire It Up to contact me back (I did receive a reply from their F&I manager), so I will revert back once there have been further developments.

This is a positive development though, as both Fire It Up and TRAFICC are on the ball, and it looks like Fire It Up will be sorting out the warranties after Cayenne dropped us... Hopefully Fire It Up will become the authorised MV Agusta Dealership in SA soon.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
A bit of an update regarding the warranty issue, finally. My radiator sprung a leak (a fairly common occurrence from what I've read here), so I contacted TRAFICC about it and they have organised for Fire It Up to process the warranty claim - thankfully.

This was only late yesterday afternoon, so still waiting for the appropriate person at Fire It Up to contact me back (I did receive a reply from their F&I manager), so I will revert back once there have been further developments.

This is a positive development though, as both Fire It Up and TRAFICC are on the ball, and it looks like Fire It Up will be sorting out the warranties after Cayenne dropped us... Hopefully Fire It Up will become the authorised MV Agusta Dealership in SA soon.
Speak to Chris at Fireitup. He is their service adviser.

They are replacing my clutch basket with the updated part on the 29th of November and he was very helpful. I procure all the parts from Evolutionbike.it and they fit and charge only labour. They dont have consumables like oil filters etc, but you can get them from overseas quite quickly and not too expensive besides the shipping.

I hope they become the authorised dealer / importer as it will make our lives much easier for service and consumables going forward. Just be advised that they are really busy, they told me I had to wait 3 weeks to get a booking in their workshop.

·
Registered
26 Posts
Discussion Starter #27
Hi PTsalas, I have actually just got off the phone with him, really nice guy and very helpful. He did say that there was a 3 week wait to get a booking date... Oh well, there's not much choice in that matter hahaha.

It sounds like Fire It Up WILL be the authorised dealer, Chris said they are in talks with MV Agusta and they should have it buttoned up soon. Great news for us! Hopefully they will be able to import the parts we need in the near future, so we don't have to do it ourselves.

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to have a look at Evolutionbike.it. What shipping company did you use?

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Hi PTsalas, I have actually just got off the phone with him, really nice guy and very helpful. He did say that there was a 3 week wait to get a booking date... Oh well, there's not much choice in that matter hahaha.

It sounds like Fire It Up WILL be the authorised dealer, Chris said they are in talks with MV Agusta and they should have it buttoned up soon. Great news for us! Hopefully they will be able to import the parts we need in the near future, so we don't have to do it ourselves.

Thanks for the advice, I'm going to have a look at Evolutionbike.it. What shipping company did you use?
Evolutionbike use DHL and normally takes a few days after dispatch to arrive (less than a week shipping time). The shipping cost is normally around 65 euro for a mediumish parcel from Italy using DHL. Duties depends on value but budget around 20%. DHL will call you for payment of the duties once it lands.

Startwin Trading use UPS who are very good but quite a bit more expensive (think around 90 euro, but I suspect the vendor is profiting on the shipping).

I order everything through Evolutionbike via email and pay using paypal.

Just a word of warning, if you buy anything from overseas, make sure they ship using DHL , UPS , Aramex etc. If they use a service provider that hands over to the SA Post office on landing, the parcel will arrive in SA in a slightly longer time (maybe two weeks longer than DHL), but the catch is it will be stuck at the Joburg mail center for another 2-3 months before it clears customs and arrives at your local post office for collection. The guys to watch out for are United States Postal Service and the UK's Royal Mail. They always hand over to the SA post office and its a fckup.

·
Registered
33 Posts
If Fire it up do become the authorized dealer, I hope they get their sht sorted out... I've had all my MV work done by them, they did the sprag clutch under warrenty too but as of late their pricing has been a little bonkers.
I fully understand they need to make a profit & pay staff etc but R500 a spark plug is a little over the top.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
If Fire it up do become the authorized dealer, I hope they get their sht sorted out... I've had all my MV work done by them, they did the sprag clutch under warrenty too but as of late their pricing has been a little bonkers.
I fully understand they need to make a profit & pay staff etc but R500 a spark plug is a little over the top.
Was the warranty work at Fireitup done under a 3rd party warranty provider?

I paid R230 (each) for Iridium IX Spark Plugs for my F3 from Motosport.com a 2 years ago.

If you are replacing with the standard plugs, should be much cheaper than that even.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Hey guys, compliments of the season!

Any developments on this?

Also, do you think we should start a FB group for MV Agusta Owners in SA?

Can organise track days or rides together, share / sell parts etc etc.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
Great news everyone, got an email today from MV in Italy confirming that Fireitup will be the new official importer and agent for MV Agusta in South Africa. Email from them copied below:

"Dear Mr ...

We are finally glad to inform you that we are defining all trade agreements with the new importer in South Africa, in few weeks he will able to work with Mv Agusta brand.
By clicking at this link http://www.fire-itup.co.za/ you will discover the website of new importer."

·
Registered
33 Posts
This is a little Bitter sweet to be honest. Great news that MV owners won't be stranded anymore but Fire it up should change their name to F it up . Thats unfortuantly all they've done since I bought my MV from them:|.

·
Registered
1,455 Posts
This is a little Bitter sweet to be honest. Great news that MV owners won't be stranded anymore but Fire it up should change their name to F it up . Thats unfortunately all they've done since I bought my MV from them:|.
Do tell us your story (even by PM if you must).

·
Registered
33 Posts
I hope you've got some coffee , this could be a long read.

Bought my MV from them a year ago. Bike had exactly 1,000km on the clock. They promised Spare keys & User Manual amongst other things. To date I haven't received anything,despite numerous sessions of throwing my toys out the cot. I've screamed and performed at the salesman, the spares guy Trevor & the dealer principal Craig but to no avail.

At the time they offered their Integrity warranty which doesnt cover much so I paid for an extended warranty ontop of that which according to them both would only apply if I serviced the bike with them immediately before I take ownership.So I'm a bit ticked off with that but I went ahead anyway.Took delivery of my bike and got it home only to find it leaking oil on floor so Back to F It Up where it's discovered the drain plug had been over tightened and it had cracked open (hairline crack through the whole drain plug).So my new (to me) bike is back at the shop after less than a day.

5,000 km later I'm trying to get to work but the bike won't start. It goes in to the shop & it's the infamous sprag clutch failure.They do the quote but when I receive it all the details are wrong. Quote had things like bike description:ZX 636...
We get that sorted and after 6-7 weeks of being bounced around "waiting for parts" , It finally goes in and gets a new sprag clutch. We arranged to fetch it the following day but when it came time to collect they said they wanted to wash it first so I must come back the day after. It still hadn't been washed when I collected it and while riding home I kept pulling these little wheelies pulling off from the traffic lights without trying. I wasn't even riding hard. Anyhow I get back to the house to find they forgot a screw driver that had wedged itself in between the spring of my shock and the swingarm.Took off the fairings to check if anything else was left behind only to find one or two of my fairing allen key bolts missing.

I kept going back to them for parts and maintenance in order to preserve my warranty but the parts just never arrive. Ordered cush drive rubbers 4 months ago and still nothing ...

·
Registered
79 Posts
That is interesting. I always see them advertising their Integrity promise and extended service plans with their used bikes.

I have been hopeful that they would be better than the previous agents. I hope time proofs me wrong...

·
Registered
33 Posts
This might be a little off topic but does any of my fellow South African owners have a good source to buy a 55mm socket for the rear wheel nut ?

21 - 40 of 40 Posts