MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My F4 750 will be on the road in less than a month then I need to finish running it in and take it for its first service.

Who should I use to do this work and who should I avoid?

I live in York, North Yorkshire, England.

Cheers for your advice Guys!

·
Registered
1,216 Posts
What we need is someone in the UK who can travel with a van full of tools and do servicing at our homes. Think of it, no dealership overheads, plus all the tea they can drink. I wonder why nobody does this? There must be a market for it for MVs and Ducatis that don't have dealerships in every town..

Si

·
Registered
1,321 Posts
well ive had some work done by roasd& racing in hyde nr manchester n they were ok , av heard that cobb & jagger at shipley aint too good and are dear as for a mobile mechanic thats a great idea lol i know theres a bloke that duz dukes but dunno about mvs

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
I have my bike serviced by Thorne Superbikes at Thorne near Doncaster, they know MV's :) .

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
john said:
I have my bike serviced by Thorne Superbikes at Thorne near Doncaster, they know MV's :) .
Thanks mate ill give them a bell. Any ideas how much a first service should be?

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sounds expensive that mate. Surely cant be that much needs doing after such a low amount of miles?

·
Registered
6,448 Posts
It is quite expensive, they do stuff like checking the torque on the cylinder head bolts so they have to remove the rocker cover etc. as well as the normal oil + filters.

Thorne will give you an estimate if you ring them.

Their number is 01405 812626 and ask for Mick in the service department. He's also very good with Ducatis BTW.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts