MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well, I didn't get a manual for my bike :bawling: Although, the dealer said they were gonna order a set and mail them to me....I'm not gonna hold my breath.

I know the first 600 mile service was done, as I have records o that, but my next one is due at 8K correct? Since the closest dealer is 6+ hours away, I'm betting it's not worth it. Or is it? I was thinkin the local Ducati dealer, or performance shop to do the maintenance. An old friend of mine used to work at a shop, but he no longer works there, and I lost his number....I would trust him to do it(he used to work on all my bikes, as well as show me), but I can't contact him anymore....

Anything out of the ordinary needed to be done? What parts should I order ahead of time? Or is it just an oil change with valve adjustment/inspection and carb sync?

Thanks in advance!

·
Registered
375 Posts
The next service is at 3800 miles. It is a simple service consisting of an oil change and a check of various systems, levels, adjustments, etc.

After that the next semi major service is at 7500 miles which consists of the above plus throttle body sync, CO % check/Adjustment and valve clearance inspection, etc.

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
So the 3800 can be done at any shop pretty much. But I take it it's worth it to get the 7500 service done at a dealer eh?

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
oicdn said:
So the 3800 can be done at any shop pretty much. But I take it it's worth it to get the 7500 service done at a dealer eh?
yes. just make sure they use quality oil, filters and so on.

alex

·
Registered
2,291 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Well...I'm assuming the regular services are just preventive maintenance, that you can do yourself, like toppin out fluids, etc.

Wish I ahd a manual, than I could see what I could do, and what would be needed to be brought in for. I'll be doing my own oil changes/supplying the oil for the major changes, but I'm clueless as to how the services are considering I have no manual. Anybody know a website or have a pdf file of thier manual?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts