MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello everyone,

I have a 910S since few days ago, and I have a doubt about the temperature when you are cruising on highway about 120km/h (90 miles?). The wether is soft, 22/24 celsius and the bike are abour 70/74 degrees. It seems cold service temperature in my opinion, but I don´t know if it is the usual temperature when the engine is not stressed.

I thought that maybe some mecanic remove the themostat to "improve" de cooling sistem in hot weather, I have to check it, but I don´t know where can I locate it yet.

What temperatures runs your Brutales with 20/25 celsius degrees?

Thanks in advance :smile2:

·
Registered
110 Posts
Cruising with 70-74c in warm outside temps is nearly perfect.

Low temp 'blinking' on startup stops at ~50c. High-temp fan comes on at ~90c. If you see ~105c or above, stop the bike.

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Cruising with 70-74c in warm outside temps is nearly perfect.

Low temp 'blinking' on startup stops at ~50c. High-temp fan comes on at ~90c. If you see ~105c or above, stop the bike.
Thank you, very useful information!! :smile2:

·
Registered
15 Posts
On the Brutale 750 (and I assuming it's similar to the 910) the temperature sensor feeding the dashboard sits inside the radiator, which does not always replicate the actual engine temperature very well.
The ECU is therefor fed by a second temp sensor that sits on the cylinder head.
As long as the thermostat is not fully opened the dashboard therefor will indicate a bit lower temperatures than what the engine actually is running at.

Cheers

·
Registered
14,685 Posts
?

Dariete;
70-74 °C is too low.....
Someone probably removed the thermostat
It's on the front left of the cylinder head

·
Registered
926 Posts
mine shows 85-95c in 20c ish temperatures in the uk, depending if moving or not.

·
Registered
833 Posts
Mine sits at 83C at whatever highway speed, even in our tropical summer.

Cheers

Deano

1 - 7 of 7 Posts