MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've had my mv just over a year and unfortunately have to sell it following a botched hip replacement. I can't find a service book. Should there be one or is it help on the bike computer?

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
I dont know exactly what you mean.
How to keep track of your service record what has been done to do the bike?

The bike itself doesnt have that function. It can only tell you how many miles left till next service.
Starts to show that when you're within 1000km's.

As for the servicing that has been done on the bike at the MV dealer, you can give them a call and ask them if they still have a copy of the work that has been done.

My MV dealer just has to type in my name and bike shows up and all of the service done to it.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Bikes and cars used to have a booklet that was stamped when serviced. Don't know what garages it's been serviced at. Noticed on the service plan in the owners manual that the intervals are 1000 miles 3800 then 7000. Been asked about servicing but have no way to prove it has been done

·
Administrator
19,841 Posts
MV and most other brands stopped supplying service books long ago. Digital records are kept at most shops.....didn't you keep the receipts when you had services done?
That's what I have always done with all my bikes and cars.....better than some book that anyone can fill out.

·
Registered
1,920 Posts
You're not telling us enough information to get a correct answer.

Bought the bike from a dealership?
If answer is yes. Give them a call and ask if your particular bike has been serviced there.
If the answer is yes, most likely the service record has been bound with the license plate number.

If you have mounted a custom license plate number, obviously provide them the number that was used at that time.

If all that not works, try it via the VIN number.
VIN Number is located upfront, right side of the bike on the trellis frame on a sticker.
OR printed into the side of your trellis frame, up front. (Headstock area)

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Sorry. I bought the bike from a local shop, not a mv dealer. I'll ring bennets at Barnsley tomorrow as they're the nearest mv dealer and see if they can access the records. Thanks for the help though ?

·
Registered
123 Posts
According to my dealer, as long as services have been performed by MV Agusta licensed dealers, MV Agusta has a central database containing all service history.
That's why I won't bother with paper copies of the service history for mine.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Spoke to bennets mv and apparently the system came in too late for mine to be recorded so I cannot find information out without knowing where it was actually serviced which I can't find out as was previous owners. Only know now that recalls were done

1 - 12 of 12 Posts