MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If all goes well, I should be picking up an F4-1000 Senna next Saturday. I visited FBF to check out the shop and ask some questions today. I got a hold of the F4-750 Senna Owners Manual and F4 1000S - Ago - Tamburini Workshop engine manual. I know these aren't for the bike I am going to get, but I wanted to see what info they had.

These manuals didn't have common torque values (for example for the frame nuts and bolts or the header nuts and that sort of thing). Maybe I didn't look closely enough, but maintenance procedures didn't seem to be explained in detail.

Questions:

1) Is there a publication which lists all torques for the bike. If not, where do you get torque values from (I've seen the blog values)

2) Is there a general service manual for the bike detailing all the maintenance items required and procedures for disassembly and re-assembly of the bikes subsystems?

In the past, each of my bikes had a single service manual with quite detailed information on about anything you would want to do.

I appreciate any help you can provide.

By the way, my previous posts used the name 2wheelDynamics, but I changed it to hellcat since that is what I use on other forums. Hellcat is a plane my dad flew in WWII and in his honor I use it for my on-line name.

·
Registered
375 Posts
The Workshop manual has a couple of pages that have a picture of the bike (Both right and left side). These pages have the important torque values you are looking for.

Unfortunately, the MV service manuals are not quite as user friendly or detailed as some of the newer Japanese service manuals, however, they are still quite good.

See:

http://mvfaq.blogspot.com/2005/11/torque-specifications-illustrated.html

For more info.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Manual List

Adam,

can you tell me what they call the manuals (is there more than one)? The manual I was given today was called "... Engine Workshop Manual". I only ask so that when I go back next week, I know what to ask for.

·
Registered
375 Posts
There are 3 manuals that I have. One is the Engine Workshop Manual that details the engine only. This manual comes in specific editions of which I have the F4-1000 edition. The 2nd is the platform specific shop manual (I have the F4-1000S manual), which covers everything else other than the engine.

Finally there is the parts manual with part #'s and exploded diagrams.

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
This Helps

Thanks for taking the time to reply. I think its the Shop manual which I haven't seen which has a lot of what I was looking for.

For me, part of the bike experience is getting into the mechanicals and feeling in sync with the machine. Also, I am obsessed with my bikes and don't like anyone working on them other than myself. I guess I could rationalize this by saying its for my own safety that I do my own work, but I don't think that's entirely honest. There are lots of good competent mechanics doing conscientious work for their customers.

·
Banned
2,732 Posts
I know you are looking for the F4-1000 manual, but ive got both the
F4 750 ORO-S-S1+1 in paperback and on disc, does anyone know if i can put the disc on here as an attachment so any one can view if needed? it is well detailed

·
Registered
205 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Attachments

Attachments are limited to 4.77 MB which I believe is smaller than the manuals. But in general you can attach a PDF to a posting by the "Manage Attachments" button.

I would personally love to have a copy of the shop manual (it could be emailed as an attachment). Thanks.

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
boussias said:
Tiago, You Are Always A Great Help!! Thank You My Friend!
Ps: Are You Going For The 1098?
:)

I have a 1098S on order but there's still one thing i'm waiting from Ducati to know which way to go :popcorn:

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
boussias said:
Then all you have to decide is which exhaust should you take? Zard or Arrows?
Well done my friend. Maybe next year will find another Ducatisti (me).!! :yo:
Kostas, my friend....... i said there's still one thing i'm waiting from Ducati, and that might still change my decision on getting a 1098S, at least for now.
But i can wait to see you joinning the MV/Ducati club :yo: :yo: :friday:

·
Registered
571 Posts
MV-999R said:
Kostas, my friend....... i said there's still one thing i'm waiting from Ducati, and that might still change my decision on getting a 1098S, at least for now.
But i can wait to see you joinning the MV/Ducati club :yo: :yo: :friday:
as soon as you have your answer, is this for us to know;
tvass

P.S. question & answer

·
Registered
5,387 Posts
tvass said:
as soon as you have your answer, is this for us to know;
tvass

P.S. question & answer
I will let you guys know, but my decision is not related to the 1098S itself, but more to the way Ducati treats his customers :)

1 - 14 of 14 Posts