MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I just had the 600 mile service on my F3 675. Before the service when I turned on the bike, it used to give me a service reminder, showing how many miles were left etc.. Since the service, that has disappeared. Does anyone know if this is an issue or not? Does it only show if the miles left is under a certain number? The reason for my question is that the bike is not as smooth at low speeds as it was before and I am worried it has gone back to an older fuel map... I am going to call the dealer too.. But I thought I would check with the brain trust first.. :) Thanks

·
Registered
1,164 Posts
Reminder comes up when you have 600 miles or less to go and dissappears when serviced

They should put the latest map in so worth asking

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
The service reminder is to be reset by the technician at your dealership.
There is NO way to reload an older fuel map. The maps are downloaded from MV and only the latest one will be available.
However, it is possible for the remapping procedure to get screwed up. Example, if someone should move the throttle when starting the motorcycle during the procedure.
Not all maps work as well as intended. As well, other issues may occur which are not map related but, because a new map was installed, the problem is thought to be linked to the new map.

·
Registered
375 Posts
YOu can always zip the display with the dealer mode (pushing both buttons during few seconds) and perform the next service (is progrmmed every 6000km):blah:

·
Registered
258 Posts
Balance your throttle bodies. Mine was horrendous at low speeds in traffic etc. Balanced the throttle bodies and now sweet as a nut.

·
Registered
258 Posts
It was hard work trying to keep to 25 mph round town. Tickover was erratic and it used to hunt at lower revs. Riding in sport mode was really hard at these speeds. I found 2 of my throttle bodies on 14 and the other on 18. It took 2 full turns of the adjuster to bring it down to meet the others. After balancing it was a totally different bike. Really crisp throttle response.Steady tickover and no hunting/jerkiness at low revs.

·
Registered
1,550 Posts
without starting a new thread, how is the service light reset?
Light, what light? You mean the service reminder mileage?
If so, no need to start another thread. If you use the "Search" function you'll find cristogrr's reply to this thread, (post #4 above). :stickpoke

But in case you did not understand his brief "pushing both buttons during few seconds..." then maybe this will help.
To access the Dealer Menu: Hold the Set and Ok buttons at the same time for about 10 seconds then release. "Dealer Menu" will show in the display. Cycle thru and one of the choices will be to reset the service reminder. Select, exit and Bobs your uncle! :)

1 - 9 of 9 Posts