MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Being that the nearest dealership is approx. 3hrs. away i was wondering if anyone knew of a reputable shop in the Northern VA. area.

Has anyone had any dealings with the shop in North Carolina? Good or bad??? any help would be apreciated.

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
I have taken by bike to Fast Lane Cycles in Chantilly, VA for dyno tunning and an oil change. They know how to work on MV's b/c the guy that does all the work on Duc's was trained specifically on italian bikes. They are a little priciy b/c they are considered a racing show, but they know what they are doing. There is a shop down in Richmond where i had my dyno tunning called MotoEuropa, and they work on MV's as well. I think they just recently raised some of their prices but i don't know for sure. I know Style_one lives in MD and he might know where a good place to get the MV worked on if none of these options sound good. hope it helps.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks i've gotten alot work done on my jap bikes there. I will call. Before i call do you remember what they charged for a basic service?

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
i believe it was something like $200 for the first service, and i don't think it maters what kind of bike it is. it might be a little more depending on what type of oil you request.

·
Registered
383 Posts
Chris,

I will need to take my SPR for its 3000mi service this season, so I can just go to one of those places in VA and have it done, or do I have to go to an MV dealer? Will it void my extended warranty if I use a non-MV dealer?

Also do you think they'll be able to to a PC install and tuning for our bikes?

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
Fast lane can do the tunning and service no problem, the only thing is they have an older model dyno that doesn't have the air/fuel sensor or the braking function. if you got a PC don't pay someone to install it, come by my place and i will put it in for you, it is pretty easy to install, it only took me about an hour to do it. Shoot me a PM whenever you want to tackle it.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
What part of Va. do you guys live? I'm in the Fredricksburg area. Would love to have several mv's riding together it would look sick........

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
I know that Style, Outta, VG and myself live around the DC area. Depending on traffic fredericksburg isn't tough to get to. i was down there yesterday and was thinking i wouldn't mind searching out some nice roads in that area. And MV's riding together does look sick, kinda like this: http://mvagusta.net/gallery/greeneggs/DSC01148

·
Registered
3,256 Posts
the closest shop is my garage! :naughty:

but for service i took mine to fast by ferracci because it's the closet dealer, which chris left out of his shop list by no accident. i will probably go to motoeuropa in richmond to do another dyno tuning. i don't know if using non-dealers will void warranty, but the first services are no big deal so any shop should be able to handle it. actually, you could do it yourself. the 7500mile service needs the valves adjusted. because i also needed the remap and co2 level stuff set, i couldn't do that myself.

there is also another place a little farther away in pennsylvania that is a dealer if ferracci doesn't suit your tastes.

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok, so the shop in richmond is good then????? Thanks for all the help. What price would you expect to purchase a 05 f4 1000, ballpark, what's to low or to high

·
Living the Dream
2,760 Posts
The price is set by MV and should be no more than $21,495 for the bike itself. Taxes and tags are more but if the bike is a dollar over that price they are trying to screw you. If you are looking to buy a bike you are going to have to go outside VA, Richmond is only a place to buy Duc's and get some work done.

·
Registered
24 Posts
When I brought my 06 F4, 2005 were avaible but single seater. Fast by Ferracci was offering at $19,445. Call Vince at Fast by Ferracci and mention my name. he quoted me that price, but I wanted a two seater in blue/silver.

Sajan

·
Registered
192 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Cool, Thanks for all your help, hopefully the guys in the metro D.c. area can all get together for a nice ride.....

1 - 14 of 14 Posts