MV Agusta Forum banner

41 - 60 of 99 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #41
Rob. This advertisement i highly doubt was GC idea ...... but

Im pretty sure whos idea it was hahahaha.

Ill tell him what you think. I would have rathered seeing the bike in motion ..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sammy i knew it woudn't be his idea but his company signed off on it. Banannas !
Just wondering what the hell they thought they would and could achieve from this shite

·
Registered
224 Posts
Isn't it a bit all tongue in cheek though? (excuse the pun) :)

I hear what you are saying but do you think maybe you are taking it all too seriously? I guess coming from that world you are looking at it from a specific marketing angle, I see it as a bit of fun rather than narrowing it down to pigeonholing what market they may be appealing to and judging it on that. It's a visually appealing asvert (that was a typo but I'm not going to correct it because; what a great Freudian slip ;)

Great story on getting into advertising lol, you know what I mean then about Italian advertising :)

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #44
Isn't it a bit all tongue in cheek though? (excuse the pun) :)

I hear what you are saying but do you think maybe you are taking it all too seriously? I guess coming from that world you are looking at it from a specific marketing angle, I see it as a bit of fun rather than narrowing it down to pigeonholing what market they may be appealing to and judging it on that. It's a visually appealing asvert (that was a typo but I'm not going to correct it because; what a great Freudian slip ;)

Great story on getting into advertising lol, you know what I mean then about Italian advertising :)
you know what mate. fk i think u might be right lol
i prob am taking it from a marketing perspective.
appreciate u pointing that out.

·
Registered
703 Posts
Rob i cant wait for the brutale advertisement hahahaha

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Since it's a Brutale it will be something like a Sugar daddy cruising with a blonde somewhere in Portofino >:)>:)
Where's the guy that makes Martini advertising to work for MV>:)

·
Registered
2,320 Posts
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b7vkd8GIfX4

. . . If one person on here has the audacity to tell me that "your talking about the ad Rob" so its done its job i will scream. . .
So, Rob. Prepare your voice box because I'm stepping out to say that with 47 posts (of mixed reaction) the ad really does have people talking. Whether or not they might be candidates for purchasing the product is another matter, BUT it has had the positive effect of bringing the MV brand into focus. Granted, it will continue to be argued whether that is the right or wrong manner of focus for MV Agusta.

If there are others, like myself, who might have re-posted the ad to other forums or contacts, then even more are talking about it.

As a somewhat 'serial bike buyer' I am not interested in the Veloce as a bike of choice. If though, the bike was an equally special F4, I wouldn't give a damn whether there was a stunning blonde or Caitlin Jenner draped over the tank and gyrating their sumptuous hips over a hand-stitched leather seat. I would gaze at every inch of the bike (okay, maybe a bit of Caitlin) and not care whether the ad conformed to political correctness or perhaps 'distorted' the fine image of the company.

Just sayin'.:grin2:

·
Registered
115 Posts
As advertising goes it has had the desired effect, politically correct or not. It has peoples attention ;)

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #53
As a somewhat 'serial bike buyer' I am not interested in the Veloce as a bike of choice. If though, the bike was an equally special F4, I wouldn't give a damn whether there was a stunning blonde or Caitlin Jenner draped over the tank and gyrating their sumptuous hips over a hand-stitched leather seat. I would gaze at every inch of the bike (okay, maybe a bit of Caitlin) and not care whether the ad conformed to political correctness or perhaps 'distorted' the fine image of the company.

Just sayin'.:grin2:[/QUOTE]

tears mate, tears
could not stop laughing at the caitlyn jenner comment.
cos u knw what, that is a great creative idea. With a little tweak here and there that actually could be a clever idea

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #54

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #55
I hear LH will be performing a similar video with the Veloce LH ;)

Focusing on exhaust pipes rather than the lights!
oh man im been painting a bad portrait of myself over the last few days lol
but i absolutely hate that flog, i can believe he is associated with my favourite brand
Senna i understand, great guy
Lewis is a flog

but nito that comment is gold. yep lewis and the exhaust pipes.

·
Registered
16 Posts
This ad is a low point for me. It portrays the completely wrong message about the MV brand and product. If this is the direction they are taking the brand I will not be a MV owner long term.

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #57
definately seeing a mixed bag of responses here

·
Registered
703 Posts

·
Registered
2,853 Posts
Discussion Starter #59
I'm more worried to keep the pace with MV because with that sort of hardcore ad and not getting younger one of this days I'll be looking to buy Harley :grin2:>:)>:)

https://flashbak.com/30-dynamite-motorcycle-ads-seventies-392531/
oh mate u legend for posting those ads
Those where almost the hey days of advertising, then came the golden years the 80s.
Those were written with passion and by real ad people. I love it. So cheesy and u can see every techical faults with those ads and thats why i love them.
i wish i was in advertising then
thanks again, really happy to see those ads

41 - 60 of 99 Posts