MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Have considered changing my 4 year old F3 675 EAS for the 800RC. There are a few Series 3's in the UK which I might just be tempted with rather than waiting a couple of months for the newer model... and paying £2,500 more. Not bothered about the downshifter and not too sure what other benefits I'd get for the extra cash. Does the series 3 have ABS? and what other changes are anticipated?

·
Registered
390 Posts
All the RC F3 Series 1,11,111 bikes have ABS and the same gadgets.
just my choice but i have the ABS & TC turned off.

·
Registered
465 Posts
I believe it is: revised heads, hydraulic cam tensioner, different brakes, ABS, better dash, different QS sensor and that's about it. I don't think there are any other differences (aside from a bigger engine, and revised suspension and gearing to support it) and a rear seat cowl.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Red wheels also according to a UK dealer !

·
Registered
95 Posts
Unless they are using two frames surely the series 4 bike will have the longer swing arm and virtually new frame that my 2017 Brutale 800 has? The auto blipper is awesome going down the box, especially with a decent exhaust on the bike,

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Series 3 ordered today for collection 1st Sept. Euro 4 not likely to be available until late October (just as the UK weather gets bad). Dealer went through the E4 spec and for me not worth the extra £2,500.

·
Registered
1,459 Posts
Series 3 ordered today for collection 1st Sept. Euro 4 not likely to be available until late October (just as the UK weather gets bad). Dealer went through the E4 spec and for me not worth the extra £2,500.
So how's the new bike then?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Picked it up 5th September and have put limited mileage on it so far thanks to the sh*t weather. First impressions are more torque than the 675 and suspension feels stiffer (because it's new?). Spent a couple of ½ days fitting the seat cowl and the tail tidy. All a bit fiddly and the instructions for the tail tidy are ridiculously poor. Worked it all out - let me know anyone if you want some advice! Seat cowl is a real tight fit against the seat when opening it up. Took ages finding the charging point which was hidden under the rear frame and was only revealed when doing the tail tidy.
Overall love it. My 675 (white) looked fantastic, this goes to the next level.

Reactions: NicholasF4

·
Premium Member
2,958 Posts
Congrats, I seriously considered the rc. Post some pics if you can.

·
Registered
309 Posts
Lovely.

Anyone know if the dealer specifically can order a euro3 800RC today?

How "limited" is the 800RC? 350 only?

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Apparently not. The E4 is about to be launched. Doubt there are any E3's left. You'd need to ring round the dealers and keep your fingers crossed. Not sure about the 350, mine is 289. Presumably it is relating to the 800 E3 rather than all F3 RC's.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts