MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Thought I would go for a ride to the Half Moon Bay area today. Up highway 9, north on skyline (35), down Alpine Rd, which connects to Pescadero all the way to the coast. Alpine Rd. is almost a goat trail in some areas, with a slim road that seems to only fit one car width, and tight turns with elevation changes. Going up 2400+ ft to the ridge of the Santa Cruz mountains, and down to ocean level runs through a lot of different sceneries, from rolling fields, to dense forest. Snapped some photos along the way. To the coast, around 40 miles.

Attachments

·
Pimp of posts
6,301 Posts

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
This was a solo 3 hour ride for me. Very pleasant/peaceful, though I do know the risks especially when I rarely pass by another vehicle!

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
Excellent looking route, I love the snail-trail from your GPS maps...Clearly, you don't like straight lines either!!!

I'm going along with Spalding (scary thought?), photo 3 came out very cool. Is that the same camera you had at PI's Desmo Day? I think I have that same camera...How in the helsinki do you get such a short depth of field? I am baffled. I will admit, I didn't read my instructions. I love photos with such narrow focus, because it draws the audience into the composition, and it looks very real. Nicely shot.

Thanks for the eye candy,

Griff
twoeleven

·
Registered
8,859 Posts
Discussion Starter #5 (Edited)
Use flower mode! It is the same camera I had at PI's Cafe Desmo. I also have a mount to put my Camera on my bike and use video mode. 2GB of memory does a bit more than an hour of video!

As for the route, Alpine had to be taken under 25mph. The snail trail can actually be zoomed in to each particular dot. Each dot contains the speed (mph) I was going, elevation, heading, location, and time. I Have it set to plot a point every 2 seconds so you can see the spread when the speed got faster and such.

Attached is a small portion of Alpine. You can see the twists and turns along the route. At the bottom left is one of the points highlighted with some information.

Attachments

·
Super Moderator
2,486 Posts
See, I learn something everyday! THANKS...I'll need a little practice, and a tripod might help in this low light, but it worked...My nose-mounted camera on the RC51, flower style!

I love the detail on the GPS map, very cool that you can space your breadcrumbs out, then reference them when you download your ride!

Thanks!!!

Griff
twoeleven

1 - 6 of 6 Posts