MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Anyone else seen this and if so whet was the fix?
Ironically was on my way to my dealer to get a new quickshifter sensor and clutch cover seal fitted, when bike failed with this error message. Engine will start, but throttle does nothing. Had to be recovered on a flat bed, got to dealer just as they were shutting, so they will start work in the morning, gave me a loan bike to get home on.
Due to be leaving for a one week tour of France on Friday - hope whatever it is they have the part.

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Sounds very much like a stop engine throttle gas position error which commonly affects the Brutale/Dragster/F3 models.

Plenty on here covering this subject, one quick temp fix is to part the cable running from the throttle at the grey plastic plug just behind the fuel tank area, use an electrical contact cleaner and apply a dollop of dielectric grease/petroleum jelly reconnect and cross your fingers.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Due to be leaving for a one week tour of France on Friday - hope whatever it is they have the part.
Ahem
'...the throttle does nothing'

Check the gas stations on your trip in France

In this report
They write one in five gas station :wtf: is dry.
West of the country it's much worse. A markedly higher percentage of gas stations is closed.

At least, while waiting in line you can push the bike. Hence lines that go up should be avoided if possible.

Throttle woes, after waiting and hoping for gas, will seem trivial.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Check the gas stations on your trip in France
Thanks, aware of the issue out there. We will be carrying some spare fuel in cans between the group of bikes.

·
Registered
189 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bike fixed with a new twistgrip throttle unit, which the dealer very kindly took off a new bike to get me going for my holiday in France tomorrow. Top marks to Moto Forza Italia, Silverstone

·
Registered
1,511 Posts
Great service from Moto Forza, good luck with the holiday.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Good day Guys need help here on my brutalle it starts properly but the throttle not responding, and the dash board says, " stop eng gas position

·
Administrator
20,348 Posts
Welcome to the family @Jonae !! Maybe an introduction post in the "New Members" section would be appropriate?

Sounds like your throttle sensor has failed or has poor connections.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts