MV Agusta Forum banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
1,434 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the saying goes....where do those years go!
So, my Senna is 10 years old this month, still has only done 4000Kms, which may be half the problem but never seen to have the time to ride nowadays.
Last ride out was not such a great experience, broke down 100km into ride eventual cause was the fuel hose coming loose on the pump - just happened to take place with no mobile coverage, spend most of the day on side of the road until a tow truck got me home, long story.
Its always had new fluids yearly and serviced more than really required, so from that perspective its good, but I am now concerned what may go wrong next, with it being 10 years old I suppose degradation and perishing of components are a real worry
Previous experience has me a bit hesitant to ride
Any thoughts on what may be useful to check over, I did have a new rear hub fitted
Thanks
G

·
Registered
475 Posts
Too bad you didn't buy it on February 29th. It would be a few years newer. :p

·
Super Moderator
22,472 Posts
Maintain the hub and chain and you'll have many years of good riding.

·
Registered
926 Posts
My Evo 3 is 13 years old this year, 11000 miles on the clock, only used on sunny days, all I have done is service items yearly, hub bearings and removed the terrible alarm system. only fault has been a starter solenoid fuse blown due to water ingress from washing its 1 and only time shortly after buying (owned 11 years now) I will be replacing the fuel filter and pipes this year as a matter of course. Keep on top of pipes and change the plastic fuel connectors to metal versions and I would say on personal experience its good to go.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts